News   Jul 04, 2024
 96     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 667     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 2K     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

So, I went to the Jays game (5-4 Tampa Bay), and when I passed Oakville Yard heading east, 2 inconspicuous GO coaches were the second and third last cars at the end of a grain train. I didn't know if they were coaches, cab cars, or both. Also, 201, 203, and 2 other units were at Willowbrook Yard. When I boarded the westbound Lakeshore West train (I boarded at cab 251), the conductor and engineer were trying to find the AC. I felt like telling them to open the door so the HVAC could come in. At Oakville Yard, there was a train race, and when the race paused at Oakville (where I got off), there was an eastbound train pulling into Oakville.

Caltrain ordered a bilevel BEMU also, which is interesting given the gaps in Metrolinx’ available trackage for electrification
CalTrain say that their Stadler KISS battery-electric EMU would be the first in the nation, but Metra already ordered some Stadler FLIRT BEMUs for use in Chicago. I guess the race is on to see which train enters service first.

Like the Hyundai Rotems? Railfans hate those. Especially Tri-Rail railfans. Or are they more shaped like the Bi-level?
Either way the cab car is ugly, either a Rotem cab with asymmetrical windows or a CEM cab car. And most railfans hate them because of bad horns (K2 on the Rotem and K5CA-LS on the CEM), but they're generally safer than gallery cars/old BiLevels though.

Back