News   Jul 04, 2024
 96     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 664     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 2K     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

I found this video of the interior of a new Caltrain EMU, could be neat to have here.

Interesting design - I noted the roughed-in high level platform door openings on the end sections. The stairways to upper and lower levels are not much wider than the ML cars, however, so un/loading wouldn't be much faster. I liked the overhead luggage racks.

- Paul

Interesting design - I noted the roughed-in high level platform door openings on the end sections. The stairways to upper and lower levels are not much wider than the ML cars, however, so un/loading wouldn't be much faster. I liked the overhead luggage racks.

- Paul
Luggage racks would be useful to have on the Bi-Levels.

Luggage racks would be useful to have on the Bi-Levels.
I heard they had them on certain agencies, we used to have tables and coat hooks that were removed when the priority alarm/yellow strip was installed. Overhead luggage areas would obstruct the yellow emergency strips.
Replacing the triple seats at the lower level A end door with a luggage/bike area would be a better idea.

I heard they had them on certain agencies, we used to have tables and coat hooks that were removed when the priority alarm/yellow strip was installed. Overhead luggage areas would obstruct the yellow emergency strips.
Replacing the triple seats at the lower level A end door with a luggage/bike area would be a better idea.
Solution A: Modify the bike coaches so one half is luggage racks and the other is bike racks.
Solution B: Modify the B end of some coaches so that they are entirely luggage racks.

Solution A: Modify the bike coaches so one half is luggage racks and the other is bike racks.
Solution B: Modify the B end of some coaches so that they are entirely luggage racks.
The B end? Like an entire half of the coach dedicated to luggage storage?? That’s too much storage space lol.

Removing 50% of the bike racks from the bike coaches is also not a great idea, there’s not enough demand for luggage storage on trains with bike coaches, not to mention luggage can fit underneath all of the current seats (the seats were designed with that in mind)

Yeah other agencies have them exactly where the yellow strips on are coaches are:
IMG_9562.jpeg
IMG_9537.jpeg

Who wants to leave their luggage unattended?
True, overhead luggage compartments are the best option, but would require removing the yellow strips. I suggest removing all the yellow strips in certain cars and installing the racks in their place. Install emergency alarm and intercom units (like in the Warsaw Metro) on the beams between every 2-3 windows to replace the yellow emergency strips.

True, overhead luggage compartments are the best option, but would require removing the yellow strips. I suggest removing all the yellow strips in certain cars and installing the racks in their place. Install emergency alarm and intercom units (like in the Warsaw Metro) on the beams between every 2-3 windows to replace the yellow emergency strips.
I thought the tables were removed in case of crashes?

Back