News   Jul 26, 2024
 649     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Wonder if Wabtec would want to use this order to refresh the loco design to better compete with Siemens who is absolutely dominating the market. Until now (maybe), that model isn’t officially offered anymore.
Perhaps a newer version of the MP54AC? Slightly more horsepower? MP55AC?

Part of the contract could also be MP40's being refurbished to MP54's. Locomotive 647 came back into service just recently.

Wasn’t that engine out of service for years due to reliability issues? I thought that was the reason why Metrolinx didn’t go forward with converting more engines

Wasn’t that engine out of service for years due to reliability issues? I thought that was the reason why Metrolinx didn’t go forward with converting more engines
Out of service for 18 months. But foamers were reporting it was just recently brought back into service.

Maybe Wabtec figured out a fix for the refurbishment and they're testing it out with locomotive 647.

Perhaps a newer version of the MP54AC? Slightly more horsepower? MP55AC?

Part of the contract could also be MP40's being refurbished to MP54's. Locomotive 647 came back into service just recently.
5500 HP is too small of an upgrade. It's not worth it when you can spend, (for example) $1000 for a 10,000 HP upgrade,or a $500 upgrade of 100 HP.
Are you sure it wasn’t the video of the water flowing down the moat stairs? I don’t remember any GO parts of Union getting seriously flooded, only city of Toronto parts
Correction: It was actually the stairs in between the TTC Union and GO Bay Concourse, if I remember correctly.

Some interior shots of the refurbished 2114 (a Series II car).
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0036.jpeg
IMG_0034.jpeg

Back