News   May 01, 2024
 702     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 252     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 326     0 

GO Transit Electrification | Metrolinx

Interesting find on the City's Application Information Centre by WB62 on X here cc @Northern Light

Various disclaimers below.

Link: https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...1425&pid=206955&title=61-71-FRONT-ST-W-(REAR)

View attachment 556285

AIC link doesn't work @Willybru21; you got another variation? I'd love to have a look-see. Thanks.

AIC link doesn't work @Willybru21; you got another variation? I'd love to have a look-see. Thanks.

That may have been my bad. See here: https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...1425&pid=206955&title=61-71-FRONT-ST-W-(REAR)

1713149330692.png

^ Apologies for not tagging you here :)

And, good idea with the disclaimers. Still worth it to post as a benchmark to whatever is the final decision. That's the cool part about AIC. It's easy to find stuff when it's posted.
No worries tagging isn’t necessary! I regret not making the disclaimers larger, as people are likely to read past all of them

If I'm reading (imaginatively) that right, it's a fixed 5-minute stopping train headway with (I am speculating) express trains departing one minute ahead of stopping trains, on a 10 minute headway.

- Paul

Given how short the trains will be, I wonder where they will position the train - at the York end or Bay end? Or whether it will vary depending on which train you take? The latter arrangement could be potentially messy.

AoD

Given how short the trains will be, I wonder where they will position the train - at the York end or Bay end? Or whether it will vary depending on which train you take? The latter arrangement could be potentially messy.

AoD

I suspect this is planned in the context of the new south side terminal with its double-berthed platforms.

Even with electrification, you won't see all those trains clogging up the ladder tracks. At this headway, the new service will likely run completely on the south side of the terminal so no conflicts with routing on other lines.

- Paul

AoD
wouldn't you want people at bay and not york? or am i misunderstanding the "latter" part lol

AoD
In the document linked above the positions of where each train will board is marked down. Obviously stuff can change though as OnCorr is still in development

AoD
Wouldn't MX also have to order more locomotives to accommodate all these extra, shorter trains?

I suspect this is planned in the context of the new south side terminal with its double-berthed platforms.

Even with electrification, you won't see all those trains clogging up the ladder tracks. At this headway, the new service will likely run completely on the south side of the terminal so no conflicts with routing on other lines.

- Paul

Here's what PDF page 59 from the Union Station Enhancement Project (USEP) aka the south platform/concourse "Passenger Flow Modelling Report" doc shows (via AIC here).

1713198029612.png

Back