News   Jul 16, 2024
 176     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 932     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Consultants are in the process of being hire for the Davenport Grade Separation and expect to see public meetings starting late this year for the Barrie Line.

They already did public meetings for Davenport in 2009 (http://www.junctiontriangle.ca/site.../DavenportDiamondGrade_OpenHouse1.preview.jpg). Are the new public meetings for the remainder of the line? Can Metrolinx proceed with construction of the grade separation while still planning the rest of the RER line?

They already did public meetings for Davenport in 2009 (http://www.junctiontriangle.ca/site.../DavenportDiamondGrade_OpenHouse1.preview.jpg). Are the new public meetings for the remainder of the line? Can Metrolinx proceed with construction of the grade separation while still planning the rest of the RER line?
I was at those meetings in the past that was met with strong opposition to it. Since it was shelve and the changes to the area as well a new St Clair Station, a new EA has to take place. The old EA as I see it will be updated and restarted again with the prefer option being elevated which will be opposed again, but needs to happen. EA's have a shelf life and need to be review after X time. This one is 5-6 years old already and the area has change a lot in that time frame.

This EA must happen regardless of the RER plan, as there needs to be 2 tracks there and the separation between CP that is a bottleneck like the old West Toronto Diamond.

The EA will be for the the separation only with other for the northern section and a few are underway or about to be.

The community office representative for this project should be the same person who did the West Toronto Diamond project.

No idea where mile 3.12 Weston is, but the bridge there is to be rehabilitated. Unless this is the 401 bridge, I thought all the bridges have been worked on these past few years.

3.12 Weston is Lansdowne Ave. The bridge piers and spans for the Galt and Weston Subs have been refurbished as part of the UPX project - they still aren't done, it's one of the things that hasn't been completed and is preventing putting the additional new tracks in service.

For the Newmarket expansion, there would be another track installed, and it will need a bridge span. I don't know what work if any was done on the bridge for the existing Newmarket track.

- Paul

3.12 Weston is Lansdowne Ave. The bridge piers and spans for the Galt and Weston Subs have been refurbished as part of the UPX project - they still aren't done, it's one of the things that hasn't been completed and is preventing putting the additional new tracks in service.

For the Newmarket expansion, there would be another track installed, and it will need a bridge span. I don't know what work if any was done on the bridge for the existing Newmarket track.

- Paul

Thanks, as that the only bridge I know that being rebuilt at this time and the Weston 3.12 was unknown to me.

I have yet to get any update shots since they added the north side bridges.

- Paul

Thanks, as that the only bridge I know that being rebuilt at this time and the Weston 3.12 was unknown to me.

I have yet to get any update shots since they added the north side bridges.

I believe the additional bridge spans have been installed, not sure what additional work will be required on the bridge itself.

Grading to the southeast seems to be in the works. No track, unsure of ballast because of the snow. To the northwest, the No Frills parking lot is still in the way. The area is currently fenced off and used for construction material/equipment, but the land will need to be razed and graded before the two new Newmarket tracks can be put in place. Currently IIRC, it's just one track that connects to the Weston sub just after Landsdowne.

The Lansdowne underpass really needs a mural to pretty it up.

Screen shot 2015-02-20 at 12.01.04 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-02-20 at 12.01.04 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-02-20 at 12.01.04 PM.png
    997.7 KB · Views: 901
When I last saw it in person in 2011, they were placing new steel for the new Newmarket sub track and it look like it was not going to be 8 tracks as proposed then. I know there was talks about raising all the bridges higher to get more head room for trucks and that has fallen off my list.

What they may do is shift the Weston Sub bridges to the south like they did at Queen St next to the Galt Sub to get that 8th track in if it still missing.

The weather has been a bitch when I had time to do photographing and way behind in doing so.
5587379309_3c7d7afc47_b.jpg

5587375667_6a67ea9891_b.jpg

- Paul

It's not that the work on the overpass still wasn't done Paul - they had finished the work to add the additional spans over 3 years ago. Judging by how sudden the announcement of the work to replace the south spans was, I'm thinking that they found some sort of major structural deficiency in those spans that required their replacement. It doesn't make sense for them to have put the work off until now otherwise.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I passed through Burlington GO Station on the weekend and was surprised there appeared to have been no progress at all since maybe November. I recall "Spring 2015" is the revised target completion time, but at this pace it will probably slip back to October before they finish and get out of there.

Last edited:
I passed through Burlington GO Station on the weekend and was surprised there appeared to have been no progress at all since maybe November. I recall "Spring 2015" is the revised target completion time, but at this pace it will probably slip back to October before they finish and get out of there.
I posted some months ago it is now Summer 2015 due Burlington Hydro.

Do I have a bid for fall 2015???

Taking their sweet time getting the inside done as most the outside is done until the existing station is torn down. Can't do that until the west end of the new station is open.

Charles Sousa:

Exciting changes for Mississauga South announced today: ‪#‎PortCredit‬ GO to transform into a new mobility hub ‪#‎onpoli‬ ow.ly/JPWcY

Charles Sousa:

Exciting changes for Mississauga South announced today: ‪#‎PortCredit‬ GO to transform into a new mobility hub ‪#‎onpoli‬ ow.ly/JPWcY

I don't see anything about this in those news release archives.

I don't see anything about this in those news release archives.

Neither did I, but I did find the studies that were started in 2011 for this hub. It's essentially a parking garage and some residential/mixed use buildings on the parking lot site, as well as the lawn bowling site to the South.

Back