News   May 13, 2024
 744     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 748     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

73A45323-08A2-423A-A21C-4E712C791F5F.jpeg
48A0B46B-09DD-4CF0-B859-5CEBC7B659D4.jpeg
E251D56D-26F8-457E-8F9F-88D40C2CDED4.jpeg

Work going on at Rutherford GO

I'm a little confused with the track plan Metrolinx is working towards along this corridor. They are adding a platform to track 4 in Weston, but at Mount Denis they chose to build a side platform and island platform (rather than the two island platform layout they has planned at one time) so only tracks 1-3 will have a platform there.

I'm a little confused with the track plan Metrolinx is working towards along this corridor. They are adding a platform to track 4 in Weston, but at Mount Denis they chose to build a side platform and island platform (rather than the two island platform layout they has planned at one time) so only tracks 1-3 will have a platform there.
Mount Dennis station was planned and designed a long time ago. I assume that Metrolinx will need to eventually build a 4th platform there.

So I'm not sure how accurate this is, but according to CartoMetro, they're leaving room for a 2nd side platform like this: CartoMetro tends to be accurate for the most part

There have been a large number of tweets on Toronto urbanist Twitter about Montreal and…it shows us just how far behind we are in having a less auto-centric, more missing-middle-friendly city.
Not just more missing middle-friendly, but more pedestrian space-friendly and bike-friendly. It completely puts Toronto to shame. Depressing to think about.

Back