News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.9K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 660     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

You will not see any express trains in this area until mid to late 2025 with safety being the number reason since it is more rigid than construction sites. All work next to a live track has to be shut down with equipment moved away from the track with workers been well clear of the tracks.
This is not the case in this work.

So long as a hard delineation can be made - say, fast fences or jersey barriers - then the construction can go on without stoppages. That delineation separates the rail corridor from the surrounding corridor, and allows for general construction rules to apply, not railway ones.

Which is good, as there is a huge shortage of railway-certified construction crews right now.

Dan

Not often I ask for updates..........but I'm curious to know if anyone has seen the state of the Highland Creek culvert area work for the Stouffville line.

If the answer is yes, great, if not, perhaps @TwinHuey might indulge with a look-see.

Not often I ask for updates..........but I'm curious to know if anyone has seen the state of the Highland Creek culvert area work for the Stouffville line.

If the answer is yes, great, if not, perhaps @TwinHuey might indulge with a look-see.

I checked from the train earlier this week and didn't see any progress. I wonder if this work is even still planned for this year?

I'm pretty sure a new signal tower went up north of the bridge a month or 2 ago. Around that time we were discussing there being some construction activity over a weekend and I think after that I noticed the signal tower. I've been meaning to do my yearly flyover but haven't had the time yet.

IMG_7988.jpeg

Lakeshore East express in August.

They haven't put any of the new spans in along the Ontario subway corridor for them to run on yet.
They don't need to. The existing express track between Danforth and Guildwood is long enough for an express train to overtake a local already.

Back