News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 859     0 

Globe: Toronto needs strong mayor with veto power, Doug Ford says

So what you're saying is almost no politician has any mandate at all. Interesting.

Since 24 of the 44 councillors received more than 50% of the popular vote....no, I'm not saying that.
Although my personal opinion is that the bare minimum should be at least 60% to even consider it....so more like 16 councillors.

Ward 10...ha...they don't know what they want. 12 people ran and nobody even got 20% of the vote.

^^^ freshcutgrass, congrats on your brilliant post #26 on the previous page! you got it all summed up just right. the hypocrisy stinks. hopefully in 4 years we can have a strong candidate that can so clearly outline the dishonesty of what Ford promised vs what he really delivered. I hate to say it, but the whole city is going to have feel the pain to get them to elect someone decent next time around. Of course we know Ford et al are good at cooking up the numbers and selling lies so it could yet be another 4 years of George and Dick...

^^^ freshcutgrass, congrats on your brilliant post #26 on the previous page! you got it all summed up just right. the hypocrisy stinks. hopefully in 4 years we can have a strong candidate that can so clearly outline the dishonesty of what Ford promised vs what he really delivered. I hate to say it, but the whole city is going to have feel the pain to get them to elect someone decent next time around. Of course we know Ford et al are good at cooking up the numbers and selling lies so it could yet be another 4 years of George and Dick...

Pass me your crystal ball when you've finished with it please. I want to see if the Raptors pick up any good draft picks this year.

Of course we know Ford et al are good at cooking up the numbers

Well no...he's not. At least people who can "cook" the numbers are able to make them appear correct.

Pass me your crystal ball when you've finished with it please.

You don't need a crystal ball to see what's already happened or happening right under your nose. You don't need a crystal ball to have read the man's "fully funded" fiscal plan for the city during his election campaign and realize it's pure fantasy...you just need a brain and some grade 7 math. I'd laugh if it weren't for the fact that the joke is on me as much as you. I never fell for this snow job...but I'm gonna have to shovel it anyway.

My guess is the first person to quit his executive will be Del Grande...as budget chief, he had no input on the 2011 budget, and now they are going to bring in "consultants" to put together a 2012 budget. Hey...at least the guy IS an accountant. He's already grumbling...and as he should...his supposed subordinate (the vice-chair this Doug guy) is calling the shots with all of 2 month's experience at running a city.

Why the hell are we budgeting millions for "consultants" to do the job we elect and pay the city officials to do? Especially when Rob campaigned on knowing exactly how to do it?

Last edited:

Back