News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 

Globalive a Go

I think you've missed the point entirely. Pay as you go cheaper? Are you serious? :D

I can only speak for my own personal experiences. My wife has a Rogers personal wireless plan, I have a Blackberry business plan. We also use Rogers highs-speed wireless and Digital TV.

Here is my personal experience with Rogers: they charge me and all the business users at my company 60 cents per text while in the United States. Many of the people who work at my company do use texting while abroad, and Rogers is milking them for all it's worth. The onus they say is on each of us to call Rogers everytime we're travelling to work out a data, roaming and texting plan while in the U.S. It ends up costing our company a lot of money.

Rogers also charges me about $40 for 40 minutes of roaming in the U.S, plus $20 for 40 text messages. And forget about surfing the net on your Blackberry or downloading a Word or Excel document. I made the mistake of downloading an Excel document, it ended up costing my company $150!! Rogers blamed me that I didn't buy enough data. I spent bloody hell $30-$40 bucks for a data package before I left, I thought that would more than cover my download of a single Excel document. That's insane.

In the end, few users of Rogers blackberrys in Canada ever download documents from their devices. Canadians are terrified of doing anything with their mobiles especially the blackberrys for fear of outrageous data charges.

Meanwhile, my U.S. counterparts have unlimited voice and texting all over North America for $75 a month on their Blackberry's with Verizon and AT&T. They can get unlimited data plans for another $20 on their blackberrys. That's what I'm talking about.

The average Blackberry plan with Rogers at my company: $172 per user. The average Blackberry plan for our U.S. counterparts is $96 a month.

Silly question then: what's stopping you from using phones from Verizon?

Back