News   May 03, 2024
 616     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 298     0 

Getting to Woodbine on Public Transit on Sunday

GregWTravels

Member Bio
Reaction score
So I'm heading to Woodbine on Sunday. Looks like my options are the 37A or the 191 Rocket. The TTC schedules online suck, so I was wondering if anyone who ever does this trip can offer some advice.

It appears my best bet is the 191 Highway 27 Rocket, which I believe if I wanted to arrive for around noon, leaves Kipling at 11:40, and gets to Queens Park Blvd and 27 at 11:53, leaving me to walk over from there (about 10 minutes according to the Woodbine website).

The 37A drops right at the door of Woodbine, but it appears that if I wanted to arrive at 11:47 am, I would have to catch the 37A from Islington at 11:15 am.

Any advice from the collected wisdom here? Other than suggesting that the TTC build a decent route planner.

I live at Yonge and St. Clair, if anyone has other suggestions (GO Transit or others), feel free to offer them.

you could also take the eglinton bus west (32) to islington and then take the 37A up to the racetrack. i don't know how long that would take, but it's just another alternative.

The 191 is likely the best bet if you don't mind the walk through the Woodbine Centre and Woodbine Track parking lots. I find the 191, especially weekends, is pretty reliable.

Transit in that corner of town is pretty grim. The 191 is designed largely for the Humber College crowd, not for much else.

Incidentally I live at the same intersection. But unfortunately I can offer no assistance relating to your request.

There's also the Brampton GO Bus service from York Mills / Yorkdale, but it's only hourly and doesn't go right into Woodbine.

Actually, this is not such a bad option. 11:35 out of York Mills gets me to Rexdale and Highway 27 at 12:02. $3.55 one-way or $7.10 for the return trip - that's of course on top of the cost of the subway, though.

I'll have to decide if the extra half-hour on the subway to get out to Islington is worth the additional $.

Back