News   Apr 29, 2024
 497     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 3K     7 

General railway discussions

West Coast Express to acquire an F59PH
1680544602842.png

Last edited:
If it's not spelled out, how do you pronounce it? Sounds like a Superman villain.
My interpretation of “not spelled out” is that it isn’t “Canadian Pacific Kansas City,” just CPKS.

Edit: This video appeared on my feed.

Last edited:
I assume this is the line that goes to Churchill given who posted it but no location provided. I'm also not sure what they are hauling. cc

I don't know what they are hauling, possibly mine concentrate, or maybe just sand. Something that has to be kept dry and not allowed to blow away. Video was likely taken fairly far south in mining country.

If you want to see a gorgeous longer video of the various bridges along the line - try

That same long curving trestle - which I believe is at Channing, just outside of Flin Flon - is visible around 6:15 of the video.

PS - Google satellite seems to show an awful lot of those cars at the mine in Flin Flon.

- Paul

Last edited:
I don't know what they are hauling, possibly mine concentrate, or maybe just sand. Something that has to be kept dry and not allowed to blow away. Video was likely taken fairly far south in mining country.

If you want to see a gorgeous longer video of the various bridges along the line - try

That same long curving trestle - which I believe is at Channing, just outside of Flin Flon - is visible around 6:15 of the video.

PS - Google satellite seems to show an awful lot of those cars at the mine in Flin Flon.

- Paul

Thanks!

Back