Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

Hi Melika: We received our notice first through our lawyer from the builder's solicitor and subsequently by mail from the same solicitors. But I would keep in touch with your lawyer as that's how we found out first.

Hello, congratulations to everyone on getting their condos! I haven’t purchased in this project however have purchased a condo in Fernbrook’s other project: Art on Main. I called the customer care team today and they advised they’re not doing PDI’s an any of their projects but I’ve been following this thread and it seems that they are? She told me that the inspector will do it on their own and take pictures. I know it’s a completely different project but was looking to see if anyone here had their pdi done by the inspector without them there. Thank you.

Hello, congratulations to everyone on getting their condos! I haven’t purchased in this project however have purchased a condo in Fernbrook’s other project: Art on Main. I called the customer care team today and they advised they’re not doing PDI’s an any of their projects but I’ve been following this thread and it seems that they are? She told me that the inspector will do it on their own and take pictures. I know it’s a completely different project but was looking to see if anyone here had their pdi done by the inspector without them there. Thank you.
I was given the option of going in or having the inspector complete on my behalf

I was given the option of going in or having the inspector complete on my behalf
Oh. When I asked the girl she said they aren’t doing them at all? I was really looking forward to seeing the unit. Hopefully rules will change soon. Thank you though!

Oh. When I asked the girl she said they aren’t doing them at all? I was really looking forward to seeing the unit. Hopefully rules will change soon. Thank you though!
They may be doing it differently for each project, i had my PDI last friday for reference

Hi there. Anybody moved in 50 ordnance yet? I received an email about a serious flood issue affecting over 85 units was happened on feb4 th . I had my occup in Jan but not move in yet coz I m still out town. Anyone got more details on that ?

Hi there. Anybody moved in 50 ordnance yet? I received an email about a serious flood issue affecting over 85 units was happened on feb4 th . I had my occup in Jan but not move in yet coz I m still out town. Anyone got more details on that ?
I am yet to move into mine (haven't done the PDI yet as I am one of the SE corner units which used to be hoist units).
Although - I am hearing it was on 5th and 25th floor. For them to say 85 units affected - it must've been a case where water leaked to units on lower floors (3rd ~ 5th, and 23rd ~ 25th kind of idea).

I don't want to alarm anyone who has not moved in yet but I am surprised the developer has not communicated the following to you. I thought they had as I have received two notices now about the floods and the 2nd was sent on behalf of the developer. We obtained occupancy on 13 Jan. and moved from our old condo on 27 Jan. Here is the notice from the developers below:

Attachments

• Cityzen Letter to Residents[1146].pdf
    94.3 KB · Views: 226
Oops. I tried to post the PDF but the Urbantoronto website would not let me do it. So I will copy it below:

February 11, 2021Dear Resident, As you know, during the early morning hours of February 4th, 2021 we experienced a major water escape which, resulted in serious damage within both units and common areas. At this time, we believe that approximately 85 units have been affected by this incident. While the investigation is ongoing, we have very good reason to believe this was an alleged act of vandalism and as such have filed a police report. Local authorities have commenced their own independent investigation. We encourage anyone with information to come forward. Any insight could be of assistance.We understand that you are upset and frustrated and cannot imagine the inconvenience this has caused. We are working closely with Property Management, our construction manager TMG and many others to remedy this situation but as mentioned, the damage is extensive, and it will take time. If your unit has been affected by water damage as a result of this occurrence but has not been inspected, please report it to Property Management immediately. Along with our insurance agents, we have brought in restoration experts to oversee the drying and remedial process. We understand that the drying process may be inconvenient and cause disruption to your daily life, but it is an absolutely necessary first step of the remedial process. We must emphasize that the drying process must be completed thoroughly before repair work may begin. The insurance agents and various trades will continue to enter the affected units during this period to check moisture levels and ensure the units are fully dry. Remedial work will begin as soon as drying is complete. We will continue to communicate with residents throughout the repair period and will provide notice for suite access in advance as best we can. We ask for your understanding however, as there may be occasions when advance notice of entry is not possible. Your patience and cooperation is critical as we remedy this situation and we thank you in advance.Residents of affected units are also reminded to contact their own insurance agents for damages to their personal contents, living expenses and/or any other expenses or damages that may be incurred beyond damages to the suite itself.

While we continue to deal with this unfortunate situation, we must also balance the unique challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic. Wedo not take this lightly and will work hard to ensure that all trades and anyone entering your suite or any of the common areas will take all precautions set out by public health authorities. Should you or anyone within your household have any symptomsof Covid-19 please self-isolate and notify Property Management or the concierge desk immediately. Please also remember that gatherings beyond the members of your household are strongly discouraged. Minimizing unessential visitors will help keep our staffand our residents safe. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work through this situation. We will provide further updates as information becomes available.Property Management Contact Information:Mendi Kabashi, Condominium Managergarrison.cm@dukamanagement.com416-594-0077Emily Chan, Assistant Condominium Manager garrison.acm@dukamanagement.com416-594-0077Steve Sunny, Site Administratorgarrison.admin@dukamanagement.com416-594-0077

Last edited:
Quite alarming that upon investigation intentional vandalism is suspected. This occurred about 3 am on 4 Feb. and we became aware of it as the fire alarm sounded and the Toronto fire department responded very quickly I might add. Not sure if they discovered the leak immediately, the alarm was considered a false alarm and we went back to sleep. It appears to me that most damage has occurred to upper floor units on the west side of the building below the 25th floor water pipe (Sprinkler) burst. I cannot speak to those units that are below the 5th floor. We were very fortunate as the water did not enter our unit which is an 07 unit on the 18th in the centre of the NE facing view. However, water had saturated the carpet right up to our front door (it was soaking wet), and has also damaged the units immediately adjacent to us to the west, 06 and 05. The past week there have been large industrial dryers and pumps drying the hallway and also the units I mentioned. Today, work has begun on remedial efforts in the hallway and units affected on our floor. I do not know what it is like on floors above or below us. I had intended to write more about the experience of the first few weeks living here (mostly positive) but I thought this would be more important information to convey to owners who are about to or have received occupancy but not yet moved.

I don't want to alarm anyone who has not moved in yet but I am surprised the developer has not communicated the following to you. I thought they had as I have received two notices now about the floods and the 2nd was sent on behalf of the developer. We obtained occupancy on 13 Jan. and moved from our old condo on 27 Jan. Here is the notice from the developers below:
Oh I've got this notice in email alright. Thanks for iterating this though.

Back