News   Jun 26, 2024
 227     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Future Toronto 3d model

Hey insertnamehere if you have a minute could you take a pair of shots and post them? You know these two recent renderings of the future skyline from Cherry Beach and the Humber Bay area. I remember hearing that on the first version at least the artist took a slight amount of licence to ensure that everything could be seen. Just curious to see if that's the case, and by how much. These are the two I mean, just to be sure.

http://www.upside-down.ca/futuretoronto/FutureToronto-large.jpg
http://www.upside-down.ca/futuretoronto/FutureToronto-large.jpg

Can you do all of the latest Yonge St. proposals? The area from College to Charles say and from Bay to Church say?

You are certainly a modelling king insert!

4-4_zps8ebcc6ab.jpg

3-5_zpseffa50c1.jpg

2-6_zps8388647e.jpg

and for fun, some of the rumoured developments in green:

1-9_zpsa8003fa3.jpg

Are you able to add "skin" to the buildings on Marine Parade Drive? It's whenever you have time, as I know its not an easy task.

Not really, I'm horrible with making textures and its difficult to pull them off of renders as they are always from an angle, meaning the textures are skewed. Plus I don't have the effort to do 150ish buildings with textures. I'm thinking about just making a file of all grey buildings though, so we will see.

I know people aren't checking this thread much but since insertnamehere is such a generous person with his time and actually does complete requests I was hoping you will consider making some images for us.

Since there's been talk in the news of drops in sales and prices I've been thinking that a lot of the red (proposed) buildings might never be built. I would really like to see some screenshots of the skyline from various angles that include only the built and under construction buildings so we can see what the skyline definitely will look like in a few years, rather than what it might look like in 10 years.

I have been thinking of doing that for a long while now, but it would require a complete reworking of how my model is set up. (A very big job requiring 5-6 hours to do) it is not as simple as zooming around in the model and taking a couple of screenshots as that only really requires a couple of seconds.

Hello All,

I was hoping you all could help my classmates and I out. We are a group of students from Lawrence Technological University in Michigan and we are working on a 200,000 sq. ft. multi use design project in the heart of the Distillery District of Toronto. I have been scouring the internet for a comprehensive 3d model that we can use to give our site context. Of the models I have found, some want upwards of $4,000/km^2! I was hoping someone could point us in the right direction for a hosted file of 3DToronto instead of importing everything in Sketchup.

Thanks!

while my file is too large to upload, and the fact that there are actually 9 different files for the entire model, there are some basic models to help you with that. such as thihttp://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=8c0f9954ec5cd81f963ce98e953e8aaa&prevstart=0

note that the heights of the towers are confused in those models, the shorter one should be the taller one and the taller one should be the taller one. I too don't create all of my models, and that model linked is in my model in a modified form so that the towers are actually in the correct positions.

hope that helps!

finally, an update!

Casa III and an updated, much better model of Chaz:

casa3_zps273d0fa2.jpg

Added 30 Ordnance to the Model (this was a fun one to make actually)

1-9_zpsed4274e5.jpg

Fixed 100 Adelaide to be it's new official height, and added a boxy rough in for 481 university:

2-6_zps3466ab5f.jpg

Added a couple of buildings in the Humber Bay area that were missing, the two red ones on park lawn. (Westlake Encore and another unnamed development)

3-5_zps179e1a2a.jpg

Added the new development on Lake Shore:

4-4_zpsc9a9d722.jpg

The new condo owners should have a nice view of High Park:

5-3_zpse1d76981.jpg

Back