News   Apr 24, 2024
 163     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 291     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 615     0 

Furniture placement for a townhouse floor plan

Thanks, once again, for all the fantastic details. It really makes the process of modelling the furniture that much easier and more accurate. I'll post some stills when I have these rooms done.
As for the sitting area in the master bedroom-I guess it depends on how you think you will use it. If it would be some place just to get away or if you will need that space for extra storage with dressers etc. We can try a few different scenarios once the main pieces are placed and we can see how much space is available. If the chaise doesn't work in the den area we can try it in the sitting alcove. A small table, a good book and a glass of vino....

Nice job measuredmove

Yes, thanks for all the amazing work! I wasn't expecting all of the renderings and the video when you said you could help me visualize my space. You've been such a great help and I can' wait to see what the finished and furnished version looks like!!

I have a few renderings for the Den area with 2 different scenarios. This first one is with your existing desk and chaise in this area
Den[1].jpg
Den[2].jpg
Den[5].jpg
From Main Bathroom[1].jpg

Attachments

• Den[1].jpg
    Den[1].jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 689
  • Den[2].jpg
    Den[2].jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 720
  • Den[5].jpg
    Den[5].jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 712
  • From Main Bathroom[1].jpg
    From Main Bathroom[1].jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 702
The second option is to create more storage for the bathroom I added a Hemnes cabinet from Ikea as well as a medicine cabinet above the toilet. There is still plenty of space for the desk but the chaise will probably need to go into the MBR sitting area.
So let me know which of these 2 options you think would work best for you and if there are things you'd like removed or added to the layouts (ie the TV or the glass wall shelves) -I do tend to 'fluff' a bit when creating the models just to give some interest to the renderings with shadow and reflection but my choices may not be to everyone's taste.
Combo[1].jpg
Combo[2].jpg
Combo[3].jpg

Attachments

• Combo[1].jpg
    Combo[1].jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 715
  • Combo[2].jpg
    Combo[2].jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 706
  • Combo[3].jpg
    Combo[3].jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 677
These are wonderful!

At first I was confused with what I was looking at since you captured my desk, chair and chaise so well. I'm still really in awe you are able to render the existing furniture so well into the 3d visual.

Anyway, I like how the desk/chaise combo is laid out BUT I love how you've created an actual 'office' with the tall cabinet and desk concept. I really like this idea and it makes complete sense and also solves an issue we were having in regards to bedroom and bathroom storage.

Do you think the following tall cabinet would fit? http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S69001827/ It's from the same series of cabinet from Ikea but also includes a 'shelf' attachment. I was going between either the brown-black or grey-brown version.

Do you think the following tall cabinet would fit? http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S69001827/ It's from the same series of cabinet from Ikea but also includes a 'shelf' attachment. I was going between either the brown-black or grey-brown version.

There would be just enough room for both of the units. The overall dimension for both pieces is 54.75" and that piece of wall measures 56.5" (minus the space taken up by the baseboards). The glass unit also comes with drawers in the bottom half if you didn't want sheets and towels on display behind the glass-pretty reasonably priced options.
If you're happy to keep this configuration for the den - I will move on to the Master Bedroom. Or if you want to see other options for the den just let me know.

Den Unit[Both}.jpg

Attachments

• Den Unit[Both}.jpg
    Den Unit[Both}.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 699
Platform Bed in MBR
Just wanted to verify the dimensions for the bed on the attached. It's a very tight squeeze where the wall juts into the room for the sitting area and the wooden surround of the bed.
So I just want to make sure it will fit.
-Thanks-

Bed-Platform[3]-Dims.jpg

Attachments

• Bed-Platform[3]-Dims.jpg
    Bed-Platform[3]-Dims.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 707
There would be just enough room for both of the units. The overall dimension for both pieces is 54.75" and that piece of wall measures 56.5" (minus the space taken up by the baseboards). The glass unit also comes with drawers in the bottom half if you didn't want sheets and towels on display behind the glass-pretty reasonably priced options.
If you're happy to keep this configuration for the den - I will move on to the Master Bedroom. Or if you want to see other options for the den just let me know.

It's great to see that it'll just fit. I'm happy with how the Den looks and now it's a matter of choosing the finish for the cabinet!

Platform Bed in MBR
Just wanted to verify the dimensions for the bed on the attached. It's a very tight squeeze where the wall juts into the room for the sitting area and the wooden surround of the bed.
So I just want to make sure it will fit.
-Thanks-

Oh no! Those appear to be the right dimensions.. which means that I likely won't be able to take my platform bed base :( It IS a massive piece of furniture so I was even wondering how the heck I was going to take it apart and put it back together. Perhaps it would fit better in the second bedroom?

Oh no! Those appear to be the right dimensions.. which means that I likely won't be able to take my platform bed base :( It IS a massive piece of furniture so I was even wondering how the heck I was going to take it apart and put it back together.

Right, sometimes it can be a bit of a win/lose exercise when you have large pieces of furniture-but something to keep in mind when you are moving or deciding what will work. I verified the room dimensions with the floor plan but even these can change, once built, by a few inches. So based on what we know right now, the maximum clearance around the existing platform bed would be approx 20" to both sides. (see attached)

MBR-BED Dims[1].jpg

I also tried it in the 2nd bedroom but the only wall it will fit on would be the window wall and would cover part of the window. The other 2 walls are exactly 9ft the same dimension as the headboard

2BR- Dims[1].jpg

There was a low entertainment unit in the photo you had posted of your platform bed, so I modelled in a similar unit in the sitting area with a TV that could face either the bed or the chaise.
The room looked so nice I had to render it anyway! Whether the bed stays or not.
Let me know if you'd like to try a different bed configuration in the master or if the 20" space will be sufficient to navigate around.

MBR[1].jpg
MBR[2].jpg
MBR[3].jpg
MBR[4].jpg

Attachments

• MBR-BED Dims[1].jpg
    MBR-BED Dims[1].jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 681
  • 2BR- Dims[1].jpg
    2BR- Dims[1].jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 660
  • MBR[1].jpg
    MBR[1].jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 665
  • MBR[2].jpg
    MBR[2].jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 673
  • MBR[3].jpg
    MBR[3].jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 658
  • MBR[4].jpg
    MBR[4].jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 674
Right, sometimes it can be a bit of a win/lose exercise when you have large pieces of furniture-but something to keep in mind when you are moving or deciding what will work. I verified the room dimensions with the floor plan but even these can change, once built, by a few inches. So based on what we know right now, the maximum clearance around the existing platform bed would be approx 20" to both sides.

I also tried it in the 2nd bedroom but the only wall it will fit on would be the window wall and would cover part of the window. The other 2 walls are exactly 9ft the same dimension as the headboard

There was a low entertainment unit in the photo you had posted of your platform bed, so I modelled in a similar unit in the sitting area with a TV that could face either the bed or the chaise.

The room looked so nice I had to render it anyway! Whether the bed stays or not.
Let me know if you'd like to try a different bed configuration in the master or if the 20" space will be sufficient to navigate around.

Thanks for putting the bedroom renders together! Although the platform bed looks great in the Master Bedroom, I don't think that it'll be functional in terms of moving around the bed on a regular basis. It's also unfortunate that it doesn't fit properly in the second bedroom. Putting it against the window wall doesn't look right and I'd hate to cover part of the window. This was an expensive platform bed so I'm disappointed that I may have to get rid of it. Anybody interested in buying this off of me?? :)

With that being said, the existing bed I have now uses a nailhead upholstered headboard (Marled Microfibre Heather Gray): http://www.westelm.com/products/tal..._src=beds-headboards||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

The bed frame I'm using now is pretty basic, but if I were to continue using the headboard I would proceed with the matching frame: http://www.westelm.com/products/nar..._src=beds-headboards||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

Anyway, I like how you used the chaise and the media unit in the sitting area. It looks really nice. I'm not sure if this is what I want to do with that 'area' yet, but the renderings gives me a good indication that I can at least take my existing furniture and make it work in that space!

With that being said, the existing bed I have now uses a nailhead upholstered headboard (Marled Microfibre Heather Gray): http://www.westelm.com/products/tal..._src=beds-headboards||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

The bed frame I'm using now is pretty basic, but if I were to continue using the headboard I would proceed with the matching frame: http://www.westelm.com/products/nar..._src=beds-headboards||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

This bed will certainly be a better fit (it's too bad you can design the walls around the furniture) I've attached the new layout for the master bedroom.

WestElm Bed Dims.jpg
MBR[1B].jpg
MBR[2B.jpg

(Sorry I can't seem to get rid of the attachments for the older layout - the first 3 are the new configuration)

Attachments

• WestElm Bed Dims.jpg
    WestElm Bed Dims.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 647
  • MBR[2].jpg
    MBR[2].jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 498
  • MBR[2B.jpg
    MBR[2B.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 687
  • MBR[3].jpg
    MBR[3].jpg