Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

They measured your unit to only 415sqft? Wouldn’t need a measuring tape to know something is wrong. Did the measurements include all closets and lost space between walls? I think I read somewhere on here that is how it’s measured and how it’s marketed (quite deceitful). There is the total square footage and there is the usable square footage.
I am seriously freaking out about this but I guess we'll see on Tues.

I am seriously freaking out about this but I guess we'll see on Tues.
Hi there, you should be okay. If it helps put your mind at ease, they had done something very similar to ours. Our PDI form came back telling us that our second bedroom was a 5x6 room - so we also freaked out thinking the second room was the size of the closet. We've moved in now and (thank goodness) that is not the case. I'm not sure how they did or determine the measurements in the PDI but most of ours were VERY off.

Hi there, you should be okay. If it helps put your mind at ease, they had done something very similar to ours. Our PDI form came back telling us that our second bedroom was a 5x6 room - so we also freaked out thinking the second room was the size of the closet. We've moved in now and (thank goodness) that is not the case. I'm not sure how they did or determine the measurements in the PDI but most of ours were VERY off.
It does help, thank you 😊

They measured your unit to only 415sqft? Wouldn’t need a measuring tape to know something is wrong. Did the measurements include all closets and lost space between walls? I think I read somewhere on here that is how it’s measured and how it’s marketed (quite deceitful). There is the total square footage and there is the usable square footage.
My studio is listed as 375 sq feet so how is it possible your unit, which I assume is a one or two bedroom has been downsized to 415?

My studio is listed as 375 sq feet so how is it possible your unit, which I assume is a one or two bedroom has been downsized to 415?
It's a 3 bedroom corner unit that should be 830 sq ft. The fact that the owners couldn't go to the PDI was ridiculous. It could be done with masks and physical distancing. I thought they PDI would have also included photos as well as accurate measurements. I'm hoping it's a big mistake but we will find out on Tuesday.

It is ridiculous that condo owners can’t go to the PDI, there is no logical reason for this.
On another note, according to my correspondence with ONNI, the PDI rep is supposed to include photos in their report. It’s is actually underlined in the PDI info paragraph that photos will accompany the PDI form.

It is ridiculous that condo owners can’t go to the PDI, there is no logical reason for this.
On another note, according to my correspondence with ONNI, the PDI rep is supposed to include photos in their report. It’s is actually underlined in the PDI info paragraph that photos will accompany the PDI form.
Thanks for letting me know! We certainly did not get any photos. My next hope is our condo has enough room and we don't have to pay occupancy for too long. We don't have a mortgage so hopefully it will get registered soon.

Thanks for letting me know! We certainly did not get any photos. My next hope is our condo has enough room and we don't have to pay occupancy for too long. We don't have a mortgage so hopefully it will get registered soon.

Plenty of room. You’ll love it as much as I did when I first walked in the unit.

Does anyone else's bathtub leave a sizable puddle because not all the water flows into the drain? To be clear, I am not saying the drain is clogged, but rather, the water doesn't reach the drain (as if the drain on a slightly higher elevation, for example).

Does anyone else's bathtub leave a sizable puddle because not all the water flows into the drain? To be clear, I am not saying the drain is clogged, but rather, the water doesn't reach the drain (as if the drain on a slightly higher elevation, for example).

I was thinking of posting this. I have the same problem. There’s a dip in the tub that causes it to puddle. You’d have to put effort in squeegee-ing into the drain.

haven't had this issue. But noticed water from the shower doesn't get hot. I do like really hot showers but it seems to not get super hot on max level and then gets lukewarm relatively quickly. Will have to submit that on the 30 day. Anybody else have that issue?

haven't had this issue. But noticed water from the shower doesn't get hot. I do like really hot showers but it seems to not get super hot on max level and then gets lukewarm relatively quickly. Will have to submit that on the 30 day. Anybody else have that issue?
Mine gets hot enough for my liking (pretty hot)... and I haven't noticed the water temperature go lukewarm.

I think this is a design issue more than anything, but does anyone have a problem with water from the bathroom sink splashing everywhere on the counter?? Either the sink is not large enough or the faucet is too tall. Not sure that I can complain about this but it's pretty annoying.

Also, since I've moved in, I've notice some thin cracks in the drywall, particularly at the corners of windows and door frames. Not sure if I just didn't notice these when I first got my keys or if they appeared later on, but make sure you guys pay attention to that as well!

Mine gets hot enough for my liking (pretty hot)... and I haven't noticed the water temperature go lukewarm.

I think this is a design issue more than anything, but does anyone have a problem with water from the bathroom sink splashing everywhere on the counter?? Either the sink is not large enough or the faucet is too tall. Not sure that I can complain about this but it's pretty annoying.

Also, since I've moved in, I've notice some thin cracks in the drywall, particularly at the corners of windows and door frames. Not sure if I just didn't notice these when I first got my keys or if they appeared later on, but make sure you guys pay attention to that as well!
yeah we have a crack along our ceiling in the bedroom where they installed the speakers and the light fixture.

Let management know about hot water, it's often an ongoing issue in condos.

Back