Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

I contacted Beanfield earlier today and was told there are plans to offer services to our building, but they are waiting for the go-ahead from property management to install their fibre. I've looked at offers from fido, rogers, etc. and so far Beanfield seems like the best deal. Just don't know when it will be available.
Should we do our part and make this request to property management to show there is demand for Beanfield?

Should we do our part and make this request to property management to show there is demand for Beanfield?

I don’t have beanfield but I definitely would vouch for them. The more request the better odds of getting them in.

I transferred my Bell services from my previous condo 50Mb speed uncapped for $55.

Key pickup went smoothly for me as well! Security/Concierge is/was tired so just be patient with him. Anybody who has moved in who used a moving truck have any tips for that spot? not sure how big that spot is to fit in a moving truck

As far as the unit, mostly scratches i found and the defects from the pre inspection were mostly done but kinda look like they didn't put much care into certain aspects. Check the frames on your windows some of the are quite chipped or sticking out for me.

59DF42B1-1A5A-464A-B44E-8B56165B62E5.jpeg

You guys know if the units are supposed to come with curtain installed for the windows or is that something we install ourselves?

Pretty sure you are on your own for that. I've never purchased any home where window coverings were included
Ah got it. Thought I saw a reply earlier on in the thread that mentioned it so I thought it was included. Will definitely be picking up some curtains.

I don’t know if the building is empty or the sound insulation is good but I don’t hear anyone on my side! So glad.

Also if anyone is looking for a better deal than the Rogers deal that the building has. I recommend calling Bell. I got offered a deal for 84.99 for their fibe internet and tv subscription for one year no contract or commitment.

Had a really hard time finding any providers that had my unit in their system even though they had multiple other units in their system. So I’d suggest anyone that wants internet up and running to give them a call ahead of time.
1B887798-37F5-4203-B590-9D8ACA5D6536.jpeg

Pretty sure you are on your own for that. I've never purchased any home where window coverings were included
Plazacorp included window coverings in the first two West Harbour City buildings. Not sure about the third.

Did anyone receive the condo policies? I understand that they generally like to keep curtain colours uniformed and in many cases it’s shades of white. The USB drive they gave had the unit owners manual so it’s not that comprehensive.

I can definitely hear sound from neighbours dog barking... Sound travels pretty easily from within your unit and out to the hallway, and eventually into my unit.

Don’t know how you guys feel about this but it would be nice to see they can put signs by the elevator lobby saying “Please keep quiet as a courtesy to your neighbours” when in the hallways. My friends condo has this and I think it’s nice to have.

With that in mind, I suppose the condo board is made after the building is registered?

White backing on window coverings is pretty standard. If you get drapes, you can have any colour you want on the inside, the backing just needs to be white. You want to check out the rules and regs and particularly the declaration for this type of info specific to your building (it's fun reading 😉). Nuisance dogs can be reported to building management, as can excessive noise from your neighbours. Most buildings have rules about hours when construction can happen, so neighbours shouldn't be drilling at 2 am.

Did anyone receive the condo policies? I understand that they generally like to keep curtain colours uniformed and in many cases it’s shades of white. The USB drive they gave had the unit owners manual so it’s not that comprehensive.

I can definitely hear sound from neighbours dog barking... Sound travels pretty easily from within your unit and out to the hallway, and eventually into my unit.

Don’t know how you guys feel about this but it would be nice to see they can put signs by the elevator lobby saying “Please keep quiet as a courtesy to your neighbours” when in the hallways. My friends condo has this and I think it’s nice to have.

With that in mind, I suppose the condo board is made after the building is registered?

Yes - the Condo Board is established after the building is registered. The sequence is:

1. Registration

2. Final closing of the units, when the purchasers take possession - progressively over the next weeks after registration.

3. Information from the closings, including identification of the new owners goes to the property management company staff.

4. Once the closings of all the units which had been sold by registration have been completed, the property management company will schedule the turnover meeting and notify all the owners of date, time, and place for the meeting. The notification should also include a form for owners interested in being on the Board to submit their profiles.

5. Turnover meeting takes place, and the new Board is elected from among the candidates - both those who submitted their applications prior to the meeting, as well as those who volunteered at the meeting itself.

The entire process can take around three to four months - small buildings with fewer units should be faster than bigger buildings with larger numbers of units.

Back