Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

Hey There,
I received my information in the mail recently, for the PDI, how does that work? Do they do it and e-mail you the results or do you have to contact them to get that process started?
For the island, I mean we were told it wasn't going to be spectacular, but to be honest... I think I have seen better islands in Ikea, based on the pictures above. But, upside, you can put something you like or want in there to utilize that space (which is my preference, but I get it). My occupancy date in January 19th, so trying to work backwards to determine how this is going to work. And thank you to all who shared, its been so helpful!

Lol whaaa never had that problem. I heard they did in the past though.

@Tinax how long have you been waiting for the keys? I booked the day off on my occupancy date. I would understand the concierge being really busy but I wouldn’t expect to wait to grab my keys longer than a day.
I got my keys last night!

I think the tricky part is they release the keys or like they said, the keys aren't likely to be ready until the end of the day.

My occupancy date was Wednesday but the keys were not released until 5:30pm-ish, and the office stopped responding to my email after 5pm, thus I wasn't able to pick up the keys on Wednesday. I then emailed them again yesterday morning to book an appointment, they never responded so I had to contact the sales office to have them contact the management office. Long story short, eventually, I called the management office to ask them to check my email and book an appointment for keys pickup at 5:30pm yesterday at the front desk…

@Tinax , sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I'm happy to hear you got your keys! I was going to suggest you email the property management directly since that is who I dealt with. If you ever need their email in future, it was listed in that last "Purchaser Courtesy Update" email they sent.

@michellem , they emailed me about the PDI end of October and I didn't get the document until Dec 2 (after I emailed them asking for an update). To answer your question, they will start the process and should email you the results to review, but if you don't hear back a week or two before your occupancy date I'd follow up so you're less rushed than I was.

if anyone hears of a parking space for rent, we're looking for one starting in Feb

Hi there! I'll be renting mine out. I'm on 6th floor and getting my keys tomorrow (hopefully) and moving in later in Dec. Happy to connect over the next few weeks to set something up, let me know.

Also a massive thank you to everyone who has been sharing info and photos so far. I'll try to upload pictures when I get keys as well.

Last edited:
Were you able to get your keys today @natg ?

I was! Key pickup was on time and very quick (10 minutes probably). Make sure to call them ahead of time to ensure your keys have been released. Attaching a few pictures. Colours may be a helpful reference for anyone else with a Lux package.

The unit was in really good shape. The only thing I filled out in the "damages" form for the builder (which you have 24 hrs to submit back) was a water pressure issue in the bathroom sink. My unit has a moveable island, not a fixed one, and it's a great size and quality, definitely up to my expectations. Easy to shift around to create more space with the layout as needed.

The amenities seem to be pretty much finished (gym, courtyard, etc) but lots of signs saying "construction crew only" so I stayed out of their way and didn't get photos of those spaces. I'm on 6th floor (level 5) and the floors up to there are in pretty good shape. Floors above still being worked on. Elevators still have protective layers on the interiors which is to be expected. For those in the podium, a second set of elevators (off of Grand Magazine) are really convenient.

I also popped down to the parking garage and locker rooms. The locker rooms are numerous and have less than 10 lockers in each one - different from other buildings I've seen where ALL lockers are grouped together in a giant room.

20201216_154018.jpg
20201216_153949.jpg
20201216_145834.jpg
20201216_154351.jpg

I was! Key pickup was on time and very quick (10 minutes probably). Make sure to call them ahead of time to ensure your keys have been released. Attaching a few pictures. Colours may be a helpful reference for anyone else with a Lux package.

The unit was in really good shape. The only thing I filled out in the "damages" form for the builder (which you have 24 hrs to submit back) was a water pressure issue in the bathroom sink. My unit has a moveable island, not a fixed one, and it's a great size and quality, definitely up to my expectations. Easy to shift around to create more space with the layout as needed.

The amenities seem to be pretty much finished (gym, courtyard, etc) but lots of signs saying "construction crew only" so I stayed out of their way and didn't get photos of those spaces. I'm on 6th floor (level 5) and the floors up to there are in pretty good shape. Floors above still being worked on. Elevators still have protective layers on the interiors which is to be expected. For those in the podium, a second set of elevators (off of Grand Magazine) are really convenient.

I also popped down to the parking garage and locker rooms. The locker rooms are numerous and have less than 10 lockers in each one - different from other buildings I've seen where ALL lockers are grouped together in a giant room.

View attachment 289391View attachment 289392View attachment 289393View attachment 289394
Congrats! That balcony is sweeeet!

I got in yesterday to help a client with their PDI. I'm on a higher floor but haven't received occupancy date as of yet. The parking levels are bright and secure. The podium looks near to being fully rolled out. The "courtyard" appears almost exact to the artist renderings which is very cool. They were putting together the "theatre room" and gym area, and the lobby looks clean and bright.

Best of luck with all of your move-ins.

20201217_133943.jpg
20201217_142627.jpg
20201217_142657.jpg

Last edited:
So I got the island that’s the same one as the one in their showcase. What a relief.

I don’t wanna reveal too much as I think it’s great to really just experience this first hand in person. Congrats everyone!

Be kind to the concierge. He’s busy yet accommodating.
7C34FDCD-5E8C-4F38-8CF0-1D0B8F60E8C9.jpeg

Okay I went back. Love the quality of work.

The secondary lint trap for the dryer is across and over to the coat closet. There’s also an access panel above, not so sure what’s in there (maybe shutoff valves?). In the same closet houses what appears to be the telecom equipment. Bell confirmed they have service there so I’ll be transferring my service over.

Love how neat the plumbing work is below the counter. Countertops is solid and haven’t found any chips. All cabinets are soft closing.

The HVAC has 3 fan speed settings. Tested the airflow at each vent.

The microwave/oven has about 4 different fan speed settings.

I’m on the west end of the building. While there is another set of elevator bank on the west end, the freight elevator is on the east end, so it’ll be quite the walk to move your furniture.

Freight elevator is the same size as the passenger elevators.

There are multiple garbage chutes.

Honestly, I’m extremely happy with this purchase. The concierge/security has been very pleasant to deal with. Courtyard looks really cool and thought it was interesting thney have workout equipment outside.

It was reported on my PDI that the floor wasn’t levelled. Not sure how they did it but it all looks good to me. I took my basketball and placed it in random areas to see if it rolls. All good.

Edit: I did notice the water doesn’t get very hot.

8E869BA2-0DCD-43BC-917B-DF7B57E14BAE.jpeg
7F483DA7-4689-4F00-8FC1-9A01F46F32A1.jpeg
A7EEC50F-B435-412C-8804-A586BE12DFC2.jpeg
B20561F7-51A9-4E08-9F44-FC3069AE94B7.jpeg
C56E4D62-F178-4514-803E-A99082E009DC.jpeg
A92CD982-F4E9-4631-85D0-7E090EC14D33.jpeg
05E2623A-E088-4DDA-B1F1-94517B276F33.jpeg
EF461D30-FAAD-4C74-95FD-EF4A1F094ECC.jpeg
7126DA99-0F5E-4B9C-A3E6-3D1C67099A68.jpeg
4B675050-D34F-4E5D-97B7-0D1A2B445DE5.jpeg
608C74E8-D610-4101-80C6-17E3A7989B28.jpeg
00AEDB7D-4078-44CA-97FB-A0DBDF3784AE.jpeg