News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 851     0 

Former Woodbine Racetrack semis: soundproofing

madmolecule

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am considering buying a newer semi-detached homes in the development on the old Woodbine Racetrack (southwest of Queen and Woodbine). Does anyone have experience with one of these homes, and know what the level of soundproofing would be, in relation to hearing any noise from the other, attached house? Thanks in advance for any information.

Can's say for certain but based on my observations of new town homes built in the area as a whole I'd say don't expect much sound insulation - construction methods are all too often quick and dirty - get 'em up and move on. If privacy/quiet is important to you it's tough to beat a detached house.

You can always buy the place and do a little sound-proofing for the shared wall. I will say that it's a very attractive community with lots of amenities around. You could do far worse picking a neighbourhood. Some serious congestion issues in the Beaches proper but... hey, it's Toronto. Congestion issues abound.

I'm in a semi about five minutes from that development. My place is very nearly a hundred years old now. Good solid walls between us and our neighbours but sure, there is some bleed. However, our neighbours are pretty quiet folks. I don't think it's any worse than living in an apartment complex or condo tower - in fact, it's probably better because your noise tends to come from only one direction. Still, only so many things you can control in any given area you happen to live in. Good, considerate neighbours are gold.

Back