News   Jul 16, 2024
 297     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 495     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 612     2 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

It's time electoral districts in the United States stop being gerrymandered and have a more impartial organization in charge of electoral boundaries like the one used here in Canada.

Yeah, that's what we were on about.

It's beyond egregious. The whole idea that they are the pinnacle of democracy is beyond egregious actually since I'm throwing that term around.
They haven't been a good example to democrats around the world since the 18th century....ok....maybe into the 19th, but still.

Their electoral system is unfair.
Their electoral boundaries are a joke.
Their two-party system beholden to money is a joke.
Their partisan supreme court is a joke.
Their socio-political polarisation and violence is a joke.
Their media are a joke.

I cringe every time I read or hear something about how much of an exemplary democracy they are. They aren't. New Zealand might be. Germany might be. But them? Nah, mate, you've got it twisted.

This isn't vegas but who wants to turn the inauguration into a drinking game involving 76% vodka?

Also... anyone taking bets on if we will have an assassination attempt tomorrow to prevent Biden from taking office "illegally".

This isn't vegas but who wants to turn the inauguration into a drinking game involving 76% vodka?
Vegas is over-rated and a sad dump, imo.....and I'd love to play a drinking game but I've gone straight edge (minus caffeine) til my birthday so I'll have to ref/bartend.

Also... anyone taking bets on if we will have an assassination attempt tomorrow to prevent Biden from taking office "illegally".
I take bets on anything and everything!

What's your wager?

It's pathetic yet hilarious that these uneducated saps were willing to destroy their lives for their beloved leader and then he still shuns them at the end like the trash they are.

It's poetic.

I wouldn't call them uneducated - there are good people who didn't have much by the way of formal education - I would call them privileged and narcissistic.

AoD

NOT included in pardons:

-Rudy
-Trump's family
-The other 3 people who stole money with Steve Bannon
-None of the Capitol rioters
-Joe Exotic

Pardons can be issued in secret and unsealed later. I'll believe he hasn't pardoned himself and his family when it's tested in court. I'm still worried there's unsealed pardons for the rioters.

A good and decent man won the Presidency and was sworn in. This is what makes me happy today.

Sure, he'll have his failures in the days to come. He'll inevitably disappoint on some files, just as he makes some content on other files. But there will never be doubt that he is deeply patriotic and concerned about his country and the world.

I wouldn't call them uneducated - there are good people who didn't have much by the way of formal education - I would call them privileged and narcissistic.

AoD
I always find the word "privileged" problematic with this bunch--more like they have an entitlement complex.. And in a way that parallels Trump, they have a tendency to overstate or fudge their credentials.

Jenna Ryan, the real estate agent charged in the riots, has some *awful* customer reviews independent of her politics; sort of like, her being foul-mouthed and only in it for the money, etc. So what you'll probably find is a lot of incompetent grifters and scammers cloaking themselves in unearned legitimacy and brushing off criticism as the work of "haters"...

Back