News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

Ford Wants NFL Team For Toronto

Im sorry, your going at it all wrong..its not what Ford wants but what Toronto wants..because of his passion for football he is just resurrecting something that has been talked on for over 20 years.

What evidence do you have to support your claim that it's what Toronto wants? Was there a survey done where more than 50% said they want the NFL? (I haven't seen that) We all know a few very rich old men want it but they don't speak for Toronto.

What evidence do you have to support your claim that it's what Toronto wants? Was there a survey done where more than 50% said they want the NFL? (I haven't seen that) We all know a few very rich old men want it but they don't speak for Toronto.

Its always 55-45 NFL or 55-45 CFL. I say a web poll at 51-49 for the NFL a while ago.

The NFL thing is just another manifestation of the World Class self-affirmation syndrome... trying to compare Toronto to a major American city, you gotta have the NFL team.

Ford's vision of World Class appears to be very American, but he's doing the exact same thing.

I doubt the interest is really there. Although Toronto would be one of the larger markets the interest level in football is very low. How many people even go to Varsity Stadium to watch U of T get its football team's ass handed to them on a platter? I have more fingers, I think. Compare to college football in the US. Even within Canada Toronto's a weak market.

The NFL thing is just another manifestation of the World Class self-affirmation syndrome... trying to compare Toronto to a major American city, you gotta have the NFL team.

Ford's vision of World Class appears to be very American, but he's doing the exact same thing.

I doubt the interest is really there. Although Toronto would be one of the larger markets the interest level in football is very low. How many people even go to Varsity Stadium to watch U of T get its football team's ass handed to them on a platter? I have more fingers, I think. Compare to college football in the US. Even within Canada Toronto's a weak market.

Its the US bandwagon crowd. From what I hear they think the CFL is benath them. Remember the Bills did get 50k.... they would have to show up. Because if not it would look real bad. And once a week on sundays? Should not be a problem. This is no different from the MLS shadowing the Lynx(who know about them.)

Nick Kouvalis is leaving

2 senior staff leaving Ford’s office

Wow... already? I can't imagine Kouvalis leaving this position if he didn't predict that things are going to go downhill from here for Ford.

He was responsable for getting Ford elected and should want to share in on the glory of holding office.... unless he knows that Ford's promises aren't doable and shit is about to hit the fan.

Entertaining indeed.

The more teams Toronto has, the better chance one of them will make the playoffs, and that's gotta be good for the economy. But if some unfathomely rich dude wants an NFL in the GTA, then let him pay for it. The " world class " chatter about Toronto is getting a little strained. That phrase should be banned.

2 senior staff leaving Ford’s office

Wow... already? I can't imagine Kouvalis leaving this position if he didn't predict that things are going to go downhill from here for Ford.

He was responsable for getting Ford elected and should want to share in on the glory of holding office.... unless he knows that Ford's promises aren't doable and shit is about to hit the fan.

Entertaining indeed.

We'll be seeing a lot of Kouvalis this year. Trying to do for Tim Hudak, what he did for Ford.

Me-thinks these past 3-4 weeks have not been kind to Ford, hence his 'handlers' have decided to draw attention away from him by creating this story....started by his brother, no less. Oh, and just because TSN is carrying 'the story'...doesn't mean that there is any substance'to it. Sports reporters are ravenous for a story.

Back