News   Aug 15, 2024
 505     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 435     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 439     3 

Ford Wants NFL Team For Toronto

I don't mind the idea of a stadium on the waterfront. But we need more than that. I think people are going to attack this idea just because it's a Ford idea, not on its merits. People on this board probably have suggested the same thing.

I don't mind the idea of a stadium on the waterfront. But we need more than that. I think people are going to attack this idea just because it's a Ford idea, not on its merits. People on this board probably have suggested the same thing.

True. The NFL stadium(if we get one) should be in downsview.

I cant figure why we NEED to build a NFL stadium... Cant Rogers centre be retro fitted.. . If anyone needs a new stadium its the JAYS... 55000 is way too much for them.. makes the stadium feel empty 95% of the time...

Ah, that's what we need. An NFL team, so we can be a great city like other nearby NFL cities ... like Buffalo ... or Detroit.

Ah, that's what we need. An NFL team, so we can be a great city like other nearby NFL cities ... like Buffalo ... or Detroit.

Ya, we don't need an NHL team either like those other great cities of Buffalo and Detroit.

Fact is, this has nothing to do with trying to emulate whatever crappy NFL city you want to throw out there. The dream of an NFL team in toronto isn't new (dates back over 40 years) and has very little to do with wanting to Americanize this city. It's a very popular product and the richest league in the world. What city wouldn't want to be a part of it?

I'm not sure why Doug Ford talking out of his ass is even a story.
Pretty much everyone on these forums has a more coherent (and probable) vision for this city's future. He has zero ability to produce a Macy's to say nothing of an NFL team.
Oh, and he refers to himself in the 3rd person; always something to watch out for.

Or we can have a CFL team like Regina.... and Winnipeg. That works both ways nfitz

You know nothing about the NFL or sports. New York has one LA does not. Do you want to be like LA, with all that sprawl? Thought So!

The Leafs also play in the New York Based NHL. The Jays play in the New York based MLB. How is the NFL any different?

And what the hell is wrong with either of those cities? People live there. Don't be such a snob all the time.

Last edited:
Or we can have a CFL team like Regina.... and Winnipeg. That works both ways nfitz

You know nothing about the NFL or sports. New York has one LA does not. Do you want to be like LA, with all that sprawl? Thought So!

The Leafs also play in the New York Based NHL. The Jays play in the New York based MLB. How is the NFL any different?

And what the hell is wrong with either of those cities? People live there. Don't be such a snob all the time.

Every one will have their own opinion on the NFL and it's merit....that is fine....but that is the first time I have heard it suggested as a. Anti-sprawl agent!

It's a very popular product and the richest league in the world. What city wouldn't want to be a part of it?
New York City and Los Angeles apparently ... as they've relegated their NFL teams to outside the city - or even state!

However, I don't care if we have an NFL team; it's the idea of wasting tons of money on an unnecessary stadium. They can play at Skydome. Do we really need another stadium that will only be used a handful of times a year?

New York City and Los Angeles apparently ... as they've relegated their NFL teams to outside the city - or even state!

However, I don't care if we have an NFL team; it's the idea of wasting tons of money on an unnecessary stadium. They can play at Skydome. Do we really need another stadium that will only be used a handful of times a year?

There is nothing wrong with the Giants and jets playing outside the city. It is because there was no room and politics. There was a plan for the jets to move to new york. And a domed stadium will not be used 8 times a year. More convention space for one.

Read up before posting again.

i predict.. will get it 2-3 yrs.. remember the baseball and basketball also was and same faith.. and still here

if we get a OLYMPICS Rob Ford can spin it like the OLYMPICS are good for Toronto Businesses = good for Tax payers + the new stadium could be used for NFL = respect for tax payers

Respect for taxpayers -- not one public dime for any NFL stadium!

Touche! No tax dollars for any other pet project either

if we get a OLYMPICS Rob Ford can spin it like the OLYMPICS are good for Toronto Businesses = good for Tax payers + the new stadium could be used for NFL = respect for tax payers
That is very good. There are some many people that could market the NFL better than Rob Ford.

Back