News   Aug 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 829     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 3.7K     3 

Ford Wants NFL Team For Toronto

Seems you only oppse this becaue Ford said it.
I'd think it was a dumb-ass idea if Miller thought it up too. I have no problem calling dumb-ass, dumb-ass ... as I did with Miller's dumb-ass idea to kill the bridge to the airport.

Best yet to support our own football, than import such a dull, foreign, variety - and build a whilte elephant.

Well, I am one of the "anti-tailgating" people. Recent studies showing the level of impairment at NFL stadiums tells me that we are absolutely right in banning the concept of people driving their cars to an open area specifically for the purpose of drinking! I could see myself supporting limited tailgating if it were in a very controlled fashion (ie. designated lots where every driver leaving the tailgating lots was subjected to a RIDE inspection/breathe test...with the team footing the bill for that additional policing cost).

As for the Bill's revenue....if $5mill is what they generate for sold out games in Orchard Park....the fact that their 7 games there this year were played to an average of 86% capacity.....they are closer to 4.3 mill so they got more than twice the revenue from the games at Rogers than they would otherwise.

But its fun. Besides tailgating is also about food.

I'd think it was a dumb-ass idea if Miller thought it up too. I have no problem calling dumb-ass, dumb-ass ... as I did with Miller's dumb-ass idea to kill the bridge to the airport.

Best yet to support our own football, than import such a dull, foreign, variety - and build a whilte elephant.

Did I say I was completely for it? No. I want a new stadium built first.

Other than that your whole point is semantics, and reeks of someone who is not a sports fan.

Glad to help. Save your money and take the train next time.
Fortunately Red Bulls left Meadowland and got a better stadium. I'm noticing that the Meadowlands Rail line only runs when there is an event ... and only events with over 50,000 ... so it wouldn't help for a Red Bulls game if they were still there. Hardly a regular service ... though I guess it helps for those big NFL games, especially to Manhattan.

But its fun. Besides tailgating is also about food.

Yep...it is all about the food ;) I am pretty sure if the State of NY banned alcohol consumption in the parking lot of Ralph Wilson Stadium...everyone would still show up and bbq the beef before the game ;) Tailgating (IMO) is just a euphemism for DUI......like I said, any politician that tried to amend our laws to allow mass drinking in parking lots would have to agree to the "everyone gets to breathe in a tube before leaving the parking lot" stipulation or lose my vote (as if they would care).

Fortunately Red Bulls left Meadowland and got a better stadium. I'm noticing that the Meadowlands Rail line only runs when there is an event ... and only events with over 50,000 ... so it wouldn't help for a Red Bulls game if they were still there. Hardly a regular service ... though I guess it helps for those big NFL games, especially to Manhattan.

RBA is spiffy!

Yep...it is all about the food ;) I am pretty sure if the State of NY banned alcohol consumption in the parking lot of Ralph Wilson Stadium...everyone would still show up and bbq the beef before the game ;) Tailgating (IMO) is just a euphemism for DUI......like I said, any politician that tried to amend our laws to allow mass drinking in parking lots would have to agree to the "everyone gets to breathe in a tube before leaving the parking lot" stipulation or lose my vote (as if they would care).

Really. Didn't know that. Then I concede my point :)Regardless, rogers need to be replaced soon.

Last edited:

Back