News   Sep 03, 2024
 176     0 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 909     0 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 522     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Not like it matters really, knowing the TTC the LRVs wont even sniff anything close to 60 km/hr let alone the 70kh/hr that's being complained about.

Presumably the speed limit, and not wanting to hit automobiles at 70 km/hr.
Speed limit. During a public meeting about Hamilton LRT last November, someone asked the speed limit of the LRT in Hamilton and they said just like any surface LRT it will be limited to the speed limit of the road.

Which I hate. It makes no sense. There are fewer collision points, the LRT trains follow a more predictable trajectory (the rails duh) and the drivers are skilled and trained operators. They should be able to have a different speed limit from the rest of the road on the grade separated sections (between intersections).

I don't understand North America's adversion to fast transit. I usually ride my bicycle because it's faster than transit, but especially in winter, I'd honestly much prefer transit.

I don't understand North America's adversion to fast transit. I usually ride my bicycle because it's faster than transit, but especially in winter, I'd honestly much prefer transit.
Isn't the Paris maximum speed also 60 km/hr for their tram network?

Back