News   May 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 561     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

context please. how far were you standing? which sign are you referring to?
probably this. I don’t know if it’s gone up anywhere else but this is laughably poor design – I imagine this is not final though. Looks like someone just tossed it up there temporarily (for no particular reason). I have to imagine the final map will stretch to the borders of that frame.

But they are meaningless, when Metrolinx simultaneously doesn't deal with the First Nations in good faith. That's come up more than once during various consultations.

Doesn't that make the acknowledgements meaningless, as they never provide context for the First Nation consultation during the meetings.
They are highly performative. It's becoming our modern secular rote prayer. The syllables are uttered from memory (or more usually read) without any further thought.

They’re close to finishing installing the canopies now.
IMG_1199.jpeg

context please. how far were you standing? which sign are you referring to?
I was driving on finch. So I was a lrt lane away from the stations. I could understand the font size if there was no more room. But it sure felt like there was more than enough room for larger font and it was a deliberate choice to go smaller.

View attachment 513841
Bidirectional middle lane? Surely this is a mistake, no?
the concrete barriers have hookups for parking pay gates. The centre lane will likely reverse for lot entry / exit depending on the time of day (i.e. into the parking lot in the morning, out in the evening).

This kind of set up is very common in parking lots.

Is it me or did they purposely make it look like a really long bus shelter instead of a covered walkway (with posts on both sides)?
Yes, I'm confused about this, too. It does look like a series of bus shelter platforms. But it is also an unbroken wall - I don't think you can easily cross into the covered walkway.

Is it me or did they purposely make it look like a really long bus shelter instead of a covered walkway (with posts on both sides)?
I'm having trouble imagining what sort of protection from the elements it's going to offer with a wall on only one side.

I'm having trouble imagining what sort of protection from the elements it's going to offer with a wall on only one side.

Partial protection. It will block prevailing north west winds and give shelter from rain and snow at least some of the time. It looks to be pretty wide so the rain protection will be useful in most circumstances.

Partial protection. It will block prevailing north west winds and give shelter from rain and snow at least some of the time. It looks to be pretty wide so the rain protection will be useful in most circumstances.
It should also act as overhead protection whenever they decide to construct over this lot!

Back