News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

If Finch actually got a subway I might lose the last of my faith in this city.

Thankfully it won't though. Ford can talk all he wants but he'll never accomplish anything on his own, especially with this upcoming election. And the province sure as hell won't fund a Finch subway. So our choices are LRT, BRT, or nothing new.

Might as well just do LRT now and get it over with. Would be good for future capacity, too.

The one positive thing about Rob Ford is that I am certain that this time Toronto is going to have the highest voter attendance since amalgamation, and probably highest for elections to come.

The one positive thing about Rob Ford is that I am certain that this time Toronto is going to have the highest voter attendance since amalgamation, and probably highest for elections to come.

Yeah and for the first time in history, world-wide media will be focused on our election and the results will be discussed on CNN and Jimmy Kimmel.

Finch LRT makes sense.

If Emery Village businesses have genuine concerns about the middle-of-the-road LRT line blocking their trucks, then a number of solutions can be analyzed.

It might be possible to build a new access road connecting those businesses to Weston Rd., in which case their trucks will never conflict with LRT.

It might be possible to shift the LRT to the south side of the road for the 1.5 km of Finch that borders the business area on the north. There are very few side roads on the south of that section.

It might be possible to keep the LRT in the middle of Finch, but add one more eastbound lane to the north of LRT tracks. That extra lane will be used for left turns from / to Finch, rather than for through traffic.

As a last resort, 1.5 km of LRT can be elevated. It is more expensive than the above solutions, but still way cheaper than placing the whole line underground.

Last edited:
I know. I am just saying they should build the whole thing because it's less then sheppard west.

Yes, a line from the west end all the way to Yonge is preferred. I hope the Keele-Yonge section will get funded once the construction of the western section starts. It is in the range of $400 - $500 million, not a huge amount compared to the cost of other projects currently on the table.

The RFQ will be issued this Spring, and the RFP will be issued this fall, according to the latest schedule from Infrastructure Ontario. It's not going to get much faster unless they change the model ... but to do that would delay the entire process.
Spring 2014 right? That will be over in a couple of weeks. I expect this will take 4 years with there being no underground parts?

Back