News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 957     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Once you have elevated wouldn't it become less accessible for disabled people. Or wouldn't you need more costly things such as elevators.

Once you have elevated wouldn't it become less accessible for disabled people. Or wouldn't you need more costly things such as elevators.
Of course.
But I could say that transit in the middle of the road is less accessible than at the curb. Should we only have buses?
For some people, a longer trip up and down elevators or escalators is more accessible than reaching the middle of the road (especially when snow and slush covered).

But I could say that transit in the middle of the road is less accessible than at the curb. Should we only have buses?

I'd say they are equally accessible. Most of commuters travel two times a day and take the same route, but in the opposite direction second time.

If the bus stop is on your side of the street, you don't need to cross the street at all. But on the way back, you have to cross the whole street.

If transit runs in the street median, then you cross half of the street each time.

From today:

2v5bHLr

Line 1 YUS, Line 2 BD, Line 3 SRT, Line 4 Sheppard, Line 5 Eglinton. Although one could argue about 3 and 4 (and even 5) being "proper."

Line 6 gets the status from me due to its grade separated termini which means someone going from VMC to Humber College in a snowstorm could enter and leave the system without ever needing to stand outside.
Given how far it is from Humber College, to the terminal under Highway 27, how does one get there without going outside?

Will there be shuttle buses?

Like I said, "one could argue whether 3 and 4 are proper."

Back