News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

The LRT has a builder that is contractually obligated to complete this thing on time. Several hundreds of millions of dollars have already been spent. Huge fines would have to be paid by the government. Nothing is impossible, but stopping the project at this point seems highly unlikely.

There’s also the vehicle order that would need to be canceled too.

Considering that $300 Million has been sunk in this project already, and the cancellation fees for the multibillion design, build, maintain contract AND the cancelation fees for the additional vehicles, canceling this project could cost more than building it

Although not ideal, is it theoretically possible for Ford to request changes to the contract (ie grade separations at certain locations) while not canceling it? It would, of course, cost some penalties, but he might still get his way without insane levels of wasteful spending.

There are plenty of warehouses on both sides of Hurontario Street between Highway 407 and Matheson Boulevard. That LRT has had very little opposition apart from affluent NIMBYs in Downtown Brampton and the Mineola and Port Credit neighbourhoods in Mississauga.

Also a great point.

Although not ideal, is it theoretically possible for Ford to request changes to the contract (ie grade separations at certain locations) while not canceling it? It would, of course, cost some penalties, but he might still get his way without insane levels of wasteful spending.

Totally. Everything is negotiable. I'm sure the contractor would be happy to play ball if the government wanted some modifications, as long as it results in them making more money. However, I can't recall Ford saying a word about the Finch West LRT at all during his campaign. So I don't think he really cares about it.

Why would we credit a man of such limited personal appeal, character, integrity and charisma with such power to influence?

My dear, that is very defeatist.
You underestimate how close Mammolitti and Ford really are. They're like two peas in a pot, the moment he starts rambling non-sense out of his mouth Ford will pick up on it.

I hope at the very least the Metrolinx people dispel his lies....

Updated: One of the campaigns is handing out this flyer to address falsehoods spread by the local Councillor.

2K7c5zm

Back