News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Does anyone here think this is good idea.... when the Finch West LRT is up and running in 2022 that the 192 Rocket from Kipling station be extended to Humber College? (Kipling-Pearson-Humber College-Pearson-Kipling)
Wouldn't most students be going to Kipling not Pearson - and continue to use the direct 191 Rocket?

There's already a direct bus every 10 minutes from Humber College to Viscount station.

^^^ Good point, however, I wasn't thinking of students in particular. I was thinking about the rest of the population base in North Toronto and as building density increases along Finch there will be a increasing need to connect directly to the airport.

IMO the LRT along Finch will radically change the neighbourhood that one day I could see it as trendy place to live. Take for example the Finch and Arrow LRT stop. Right now its industrial, however, I predict that 500 meter tier 1 real estate by that stop will have towering condo's down Arrow Road and and up Signet one day. Exiting...

Last edited:
Not that I'm crazy about the value this line as proposed will bring, but can it be potentially extended to Finch station? Does the Finch West station allow an extension east?
Good question. Even in the most fantastic Transit map would Finch West line be extended to Finch, nor Sheppard East be extended to Sheppard West. It's so obvious so I wonder why transit planners in this city are so resistant to building loops.

Good question. Even in the most fantastic Transit map would Finch West line be extended to Finch, nor Sheppard East be extended to Sheppard West. It's so obvious so I wonder why transit planners in this city are so resistant to building loops.
Because loops result in interlining, and interlining results in confusion.

Because loops result in interlining, and interlining results in confusion.

That has nothing to do with it.

The longer the route, and the more the branches, the more possibilities arise that can lead to service getting screwed up. This isn't much of an issue on a bus route as the vehicles can pass each other and short turn easily, but on a subway it can lead to very major headaches.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

That has nothing to do with it.

The longer the route, and the more the branches, the more possibilities arise that can lead to service getting screwed up. This isn't much of an issue on a bus route as the vehicles can pass each other and short turn easily, but on a subway it can lead to very major headaches.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Operator will need to learn how to handle this. If we want to build a real network we will inevitably run into loops. Other major cities have transit systems with lots of loops. With my knowledge they seem to be doing ok.

Operator will need to learn how to handle this. If we want to build a real network we will inevitably run into loops. Other major cities have transit systems with lots of loops. With my knowledge they seem to be doing ok.

Loops are not the problem. The TTC has thought about creating loops for the YUS for 40 years in an effort to decrease headways. Streetcars have been using loops since they were horsecars.

Interlining and branching is the problem.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I’m not sure I understand how interlining creates confusion. It seems to work just fine in London and Sydney, both of which have clear displays telling riders where the next train is going. Or are we saying Torontonians are simply too stupid to be able to read a sign?
Well...I think it is more like, with the tiny transit system, Torontonians have little opportunity to get educated....

Back