744     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 625     0 

Father Accused of Murdering "Disobedient" Mississauga Teen

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has inferred that here. What we're saying is that everyone is an individual, and an individual's culture and identity are far more than the sum of their parents' culture, and that everyone should be free to choose their own path and which cultural traits they wish to follow or reject.

But isn't that just as easily applicable to them brushing their teeth, doing chores around the house, obeying curfews, acting mannered around houseguests, etc? Where does parental disciplinary action end and child rebellion in the name of freedom and independence begin? Children need boundaries otherwise one aversion from the house rules could become a slippery slope into further adverse/high-risk lifestyles and behaviours. If you choose a lifestyle that you know is infinitely taboo from your family's perspective why risk losing your relationship with them by deliberately acting out in front of them? It's so easy for someone to claim they're tolerant of everyone's lifestyle choices til the day arrives that they're personally confronted by it. Luckily I hope the majority of families can cope and adjust without the outcomes of black sheep, runaways, verbal/physical molestations or murders.

Maybe they're voiceless because you keep talking over them and acting as if you know all about who is oppressed, why they are oppressed, what they are thinking and what they are feeling.

I have somewhat expertise in psychology, early childhood development, world issues courses I've taken through high school/university to apply some of what I know to this subject. I know I don't have all the answers but some rash generalizations I've read here compelled me to counter those views.

Tehran, 19 Dec. (AKI) - A top Muslim cleric in Iran, Hojatolislam Gholam Reza Hassani said on Wednesday that women in Iran who do not wear the hijab or Muslim headscarf, should die.

"Women who do not respect the hijab and their husbands deserve to die," said Hassani, who leads Friday prayers in the city of Urumieh, in Iranian Azerbaijan.

"I do not understand how these women who do not respect the hijab, 28 years after the birth of the Islamic Republic, are still alive," he said.

"These women and their husbands and their fathers must die," said Hassani, who is the representative of the Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei in eastern Azerbaijan.

Hassani's statements came after two Kurdish feminists in Iran were accused of being members of an armed rebel group and of carrying out subversive activities threatening the security of the state.

It is believed that his statements and the arrests could spark a fresh crackdown on women who do not repect the Islamic dress code in Iran.

Thousands of women in Iran have already been warned this year for their "un-Islamic dress" such as wearing tight, short coats and skimpy headscarves.

But isn't that just as easily applicable to them brushing their teeth, doing chores around the house, obeying curfews, acting mannered around houseguests, etc? Where does parental disciplinary action end and child rebellion in the name of freedom and independence begin? Children need boundaries otherwise one aversion from the house rules could become a slippery slope into further adverse/high-risk lifestyles and behaviours. If you choose a lifestyle that you know is infinitely taboo from your family's perspective why risk losing your relationship with them by deliberately acting out in front of them? It's so easy for someone to claim they're tolerant of everyone's lifestyle choices til the day arrives that they're personally confronted by it. Luckily I hope the majority of families can cope and adjust without the outcomes of black sheep, runaways, verbal/physical molestations or murders.

i guess these kids should hate like their parents right?.....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=109_1198401274

Iran puts homosexuals to death as well, so what does any Iran do have to do with Canada, which recently made gay marriage legal? Seriously, you people are idiots if you think Canada is becoming like Iran. You belong in Quebec.

Iran puts homosexuals to death as well, so what does any Iran do have to do with Canada, which recently made gay marriage legal? Seriously, you people are idiots if you think Canada is becoming like Iran. You belong in Quebec.

i was providing another example of how religious folk promote stupid ideas.

in the other post i was providing an example of how obeying parents/adults is not always a good idea, a response to dentrobates post. parents know best is a fallacy.

did i say that canada was becoming like iran? who belongs in quebec? and why? talk about "rash generalizations".

DENTROBATE54, I think I'm done replying to or reading your posts. I'm tired of being baited and then having you reject every thing anyone else writes here. Good luck dealing with your negativity. Bye.

DENTROBATE54, I think I'm done replying to or reading your posts. I'm tired of being baited and then having you reject every thing anyone else writes here. Good luck dealing with your negativity. Bye.

No one's forcing you to reply. In fact by censoring me you're just doing what you accuse me of doing, rejecting a point-of-view contrary to your own. 'Baited'? Pretending that the world is perfect and everyone gets along, all the time, is a self-delusional fallacy. All I've done here is highlight some latent but serious injustices that go on in North America, the world's alleged melting pot, unchecked. Being aware of such injustices doesn't make me negative, a tad pessimistic perhaps, but not unable to discuss possible solutions. The fact that the only rebuttal you can come up with is to discredit everything I post not on the basis of my argument's merit but rather because it's Dentro making the argument, makes your replies lack credibility. In spite of your limited reasoning skills, I extend seasons greetings nonetheless whatever faith you believe in :D!!

in the other post i was providing an example of how obeying parents/adults is not always a good idea, a response to dentrobates post. parents know best is a fallacy.

Look I'm an atheist so I'd never insinuate religious folk are the the pinnacle of morality. However I have no right to discriminate against Jews, Muslims, Christians, et all for their beliefs and neither should any of you. Using Iran as an example is extreme because it's one of the few places on Earth where homosexuality, female liberalism, Westernization, practicing faiths other than Islam, etc. can result in stonings, mutilations and deaths. Canada's far from perfect but at least here individuals have the chance to be themselves. Asqa's death again has little to do with Islam, only anti-Muslim fanatics would come to that conclusion. This is about domestic abuse, teenage rebellion, and a culture devolving from morality/respect for our parents and elders/obedience.

Look I'm an atheist so I'd never insinuate religious folk are the the pinnacle of morality. However I have no right to discriminate against Jews, Muslims, Christians, et all for their beliefs and neither should any of you. Using Iran as an example is extreme because it's one of the few places on Earth where homosexuality, female liberalism, Westernization, practicing faiths other than Islam, etc. can result in stonings, mutilations and deaths. Canada's far from perfect but at least here individuals have the chance to be themselves. Asqa's death again has little to do with Islam, only anti-Muslim fanatics would come to that conclusion. This is about domestic abuse, teenage rebellion, and a culture devolving from morality/respect for our parents and elders/obedience.

you keep missing the point on everything. you have every right in the world to discriminate "beliefs", especially when the belief's existence is based on a fallacy (you can't prove me wrong) and those beliefs are forced on others day after day with violence and terror.

criticizing a religion doesn't make you anti muslim. i don't hate muslims because i don't like islam. i don't like christianity either and almost all of my friends are christians. i'm anti dogmatic, anti superstition and against this tax shelter called "tolerance" where evil people defend their evil deeds. no religion is above ethics. i have proven to you where it is written in religion that horrible acts are justified. religion advocates evil things. i'm not making this shit up. it's written in the scriptures.

you can't tolerate everything you know.

The fact that the only rebuttal you can come up with is to discredit everything I post not on the basis of my argument's merit but rather because it's Dentro making the argument, makes your replies lack credibility. In spite of your limited reasoning skills, I extend seasons greetings nonetheless whatever faith you believe in :D!!

UT is not short for Usenet.

Can we set up an ignore function on UT, in that when I log in I can view a thread but those I deem troll-like are automatically deleted? I see this on Facebook, where you can remove any post or mention of specified posters through your privacy settings.

Can we set up an ignore function on UT, in that when I log in I can view a thread but those I deem troll-like are automatically deleted? I see this on Facebook, where you can remove any post or mention of specified posters through your privacy settings.

Again may I remind you that in fact by censoring me you're just doing what you accuse me of doing, rejecting a point-of-view contrary to your own. 'Automatic delete', like the ostracization of Muslim/immigrant contributions to Western society and culture? Hmm, we're this close to an unilateral global culture where anything different is eliminated. The Bible does this in Leviticus when sea creatures were deemed 'unclean' because the ancient Hebrews didn't know how to classify such organisms. I guest anyone who opposes systematic discrimination and desires social reform is apparently not worth listening to :rolleyes:.

rr16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back