News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 535     0 

Fashion Cares 2007

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have read on the internet and from friends who attended (I'm currently out of town) that FC 2007 was not a roaring success. What I am curious about is why Distillery may not have been a good venue. Also, does anyone know who the people on the organising committee were?

Tickets were way too expensive, hardly anyone went, those who did froze their asses off, and the American who took over running it didn't understand that Toronto style is about inclusiveness not putting on events for a small well-heeled elite. Apart from that it got everything right, so I'm told.

I'm on their mailing list....the tix waaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive. But it said event SOLD OUT.

I'm surprised that this event never has never attracted big star performers...

I have read on the internet and from friends who attended (I'm currently out of town) that FC 2007 was not a roaring success. What I am curious about is why Distillery may not have been a good venue. Also, does anyone know who the people on the organising committee were?

I've had a number of friends comment that many people left the show part of the evening because it was simply too cold. There were no portable space heaters in the tented venue and it was pretty chill out that night. As for the site, much of the evening is a networking opportunity for big money funders, but splitting the dinner part of the evening into the different restaurants lessened this kind of opportunity.

Oh yeah, $1000/ticket? Seriously!

"Fashion Cares"

As oxymora go, that's a knee-slappin' doozy on par with 'compassionate conservatism', or the classic 'military intelligence'.

It's been going downhill for the last 4-5 years. It just got to be the same event year in, year out. It stopped being fun, it stopped being the go-to event. People started going to the Power Ball instead.

Back