News   Sep 04, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 567     1 

Evolving Bloor Street built form

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Since I was coaxed into adding elevations for 1 Bloor East's neighbours, I thought this pic might be of interest to those who missed it.

These are flat elevations so distance is compressed (eg. St. Joseph St condos). I didn't bother with 18 Yorkville etc. and the X Condo elevation is actually further east... but at least it's a fairly accurate glimpse of Bloor's evolving built form.

scaleBloor.jpg

Great to see Y & B bulking up. It's fun to talk about these projects, but seeing the end result promises to be quite exciting.

That's a pretty cool illustration and really shows the idea of how much Y/B is growing. I've always enjoyed Toronto's nodalness - when I am at Yonge and Eglinton sometimes I "pretend" I'm in a new Canadian city of about 500,000 or so that I've never been to before and this is it's downtown. Now College and Yonge/Bloor can be more exceptional sub-nodes within the larger centre city node.

Actually, I think I just like the word "node".

super cool render - gives us a nice glimpse of the future! I guess I didnt realize that Casa was going to be so tall - taller than 2 Bloor East for example...

Amazing that the three giants which currently dominate the area are about to be dwarfed by new developments. A whole new scale for this part of town. Exciting times!

Amazing that the three giants which currently dominate the area are about to be dwarfed by new developments. A whole new scale for this part of town. Exciting times!

That could be a good thing

Back