News   Jul 12, 2024
 864     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 776     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 326     0 

Evocative Images of Lost Toronto

Thanks for that. There is an aerial picture in Unbuilt Toronto that shows the buildings, but it was taken from quite a distance.

There is this one, described as Yonge & Front ca 1880, but it looks further east than that to me.
f1257_s1057_it0012.jpg

Last edited:
Deepend, do you have any close-up shots of the buildings that stood where Berczy Park currently is?

here's one looking east, from November 1955. you can see the flatiron at the end of the block. this is just a few years before they were torn down, so they are in pretty rough condition.

Untitled-1_zps2dc76376.gif

here's one looking east, from November 1955. you can see the flatiron at the end of the block. this is just a few years before they were torn down, so they are in pretty rough condition.]

Thank you. That's actually the building (the one at Front & Scott) I wanted to see the most. What a sad loss. I'd rather have those than Berczy Park.

Thanks J.T., as well, for the links.

Last edited:
There is this one, described as Yonge & Front ca 1880, but it looks further east than that to me.

Yes, the building with the eight rounded windows (and those to its east) are still there - between Church and Market Streets on south side of Front Street. The photo must have been taken just east of Church Street.

"SIZE MATTERS"
QUOTE: Prof Goldie.

Although "SIZE MATTERS", especially for the number of square feet for the landlord, the reduced area that is for

The Gooderham Building, the footage charge is much greater per. There is also "small building" convenience for the

tenants, (elevator wait time, etc) and "Yes, our office is within the Gooderham Building." (Historical significance & public awareness.)

BTW Prof, regards to Clint & Hans on Wednesday eve.

Regards,
J T

Not sure if I may have posted this previously.
It's a copy of a framed photograph in the Association's club house.

Ward's Island Association Sports 1921

WardsIslandgroup19211.jpg

WardsIslandgroup19212.jpg

Heartbreaking. What a beautiful building.

Before all the window decorations, cornices and anything remotely architectural were scraped off to reduce it to the forlorn shell seen in that pic. Of course no one was sorry to see these buildings go when they looked like that.....

The last one is from the roof of the Terminal building, just west of York street

Back