741     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 641     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 2.6K     2 

Evocative Images of Lost Toronto

Temple Building, 1900

pictures-r-1457_zpsb14016a7.gif

Love the details, deepend! The ground floor of Confederation Life has certainly had its ups and downs architecturally:

confedliffe3.jpg

1950 (still pretty intact):

s0574_fl0029_id49503.jpg

confedlife.jpg

ASC09208_jpg_preview.jpg

Yonge_Richmond_Toronto.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for those images, charioteer.
I don't recall seeing any other photo that showed the "Yonge Street" sign when it was actually visible.
It was covered for many years.
My insert photo was taken when the building was under renovation in 1981.

ConfederationLifestreetsign.jpg

several months ago, maybe longer, some of you expressed in this thread an interest in the Bayview Ghost

here's a new article posted the other day on thegridto -- Ghost City: The Bayview Ghost

the very last link in the article is to my web page on the Bayview Ghost, which Goldie had once posted here in this thread (although thegridto once again demonstrates that are clueless when it comes to composing relevant link text)

several months ago, maybe longer, some of you expressed in this thread an interest in the Bayview Ghost

here's a new article posted the other day on thegridto -- Ghost City: The Bayview Ghost

the very last link in the article is to my web page on the Bayview Ghost, which Goldie had once posted here in this thread (although thegridto once again demonstrates that are clueless when it comes to composing relevant link text)

Thank you thank you!

A signal of impending gentrification seems to be that "the something-or-another gallery" sign at the basement-level apex of Gooderham...

"Deepend, do you have any close-up shots of the buildings that stood where Berczy Park currently is?"
QUOTE: Danny Crispin.

Your best bet is to view both The Toronto Archives & the Toronto Public Library sites.

Regards,
J T

Back