News   Jul 22, 2024
 600     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 634     0 

Entertainment District Projects

I love the energy that comes from a booming district. I also think that some of the projects that have gone in have drastically improved and helped define the street. However, if I were to characterize the success of existing new development I would have to say mixed bag. On the one hand there are amazing developments like the Morgan and on the other that new stretch of Wellington which I think has turned into one of the ugliest things in the city.

I disagree. I love the built form and completeness of that stretch of Wellington despite some of the design choices. The Icons are the only buildings I would say fringes on ugly. The others are simply bland to actually pretty good.

I disagree. I love the built form and completeness of that stretch of Wellington despite some of the design choices. The Icons are the only buildings I would say fringes on ugly. The others are simply bland to actually pretty good.

Agreed completely - that street has a great feel ... kind of like King east in my books - not much in the way of pedestrian activity compared to others in Toronto; But it has that feel to it ...
They're streets you expect to find elsewhere actually (more so King E) i.e. very clean - nice buildings / quiet - not Toronto at all :)

It's the contrast I love.

This one is new: 369 King Street West - right between M5V and the proposed 357 King Street West.

There was something proposed on the south side of Mercer street a while back - almost right across from the Hotel Le Germain (mid-block). I can't recall any specific details, but it is still moving forward.

More to add to the list, watch for rezonings coming up:

1)306-310 Adelaide St W sold (these are that row of dingy Victorians on NE corner of Adelaide&Widmer) details of the listing w/ info:
http://gitalis.com/properties/306310adelaide.pdf

2)218-222 Richmond St W sold (has been renovated and is for lease so perhaps this is longer term.)

Last edited:
It's great that there are so many proposals in the ED, but the area is going to look like an extension of City Place. Meaning 30 -45s, glass towers. A few gems, but overall not much variety. I wouldn't mind seeing a few One St. Thomas or Uptown styled towers in the area.

For the purposes of this post, the "Entertainment District" is defined as extending from Queen to Front, and from University to Bathurst. I may have missed some projects, and others that are included may be dead, but the list is as comprehensive as I could make it (ordered by decreasing number of storeys). Any additions or corrections are welcome.

Shangri-La (Westbank, 65s, James Cheng/Hariri Pontarini)

Ritz-Carlton (Graywood/CadFair, 52s, KPF/P+S)

300 Front St W (Tridel, 49s, Rudy Wallman)

Theatre Park (224 King W e of the Royal Alex, Lamb/Niche, 47, aA)

355 King St W & 119 Blue Jays Way (47 + 42s, KPMB/P+S)

Cinema Tower (21-31 Widmer St, Daniels, 43s, Kirkor)

Bell Lightbox/Festival Tower (Daniels, 42s, KPMB)

Pinnacle on Adelaide (at John, Pinnacle, 42s, Hariri Pontarini)

Bisha Hotel and Residences (56 Blue Jays Way, Lifetime, 41s, Wallman)

Studio on Richmond (Aspen Ridge, 31 + 41s, Quadrangle)

Peter Street Condominiums (328-340 Adelaide St W, CentreCourt Developments, 40s, aA)

357 King St West (former M5V sales centre, 40s, Quadrangle)

99 Blue Jays Way (40s, Sedun + Kanerva)

401-415 King West (@ Spadina, se corner, current LCBO, Terracap, 39s, Core)

327 King St West (Dani Cohen, 39s, P+S/IBI)

290-294 Adelaide St W (Lifetime, 37s, Core)

Tableau (117 Peter St @ Richmond St W, Urban Capital/Malibu/Alit, 36s, Wallman)

Charlie (430 King West, Great Gulf, 36s, Diamond+Schmitt)

306/310 Richmond St W ON HOLD (former Gansevoort Condotel, TAS , 35s, Teeple)

Boutique Condos (Urban Capital/West/Malibu/Alit, 35 + 16s, ZAS, Core)

M5V Life (King/Spadina, TAS/Lifetime, 34s, Core)

The Mercer (8 Mercer @ John, Graywood + Beaverhall, 33s, BBB Architects)

King Charlotte (11 Charlotte St, Lamb Dev Corp, 32s, aA)

369 King Street West (TAS Build-Design, 25s, Teeple)

Front and Bathurst (Freed / Minto, 4 towers 16 to 25s?, Wallman)

Fly Condos (352 Front St W, Empire, 24s, G+C)

525 Adelaide St W "Adelaide Residences" (Boymelgreen, 17s, Core)

650 King St. W. (Freed, 10 + 16s, Core)

431 Richmond St W redevelopment (16s)

Rêve (560 Front St W, Tridel, 14s, Wallman-Burka)

Langston Hall (353 Adelaide @ Charotte, OESI Group, 13s, rhed)

Victory Condos (478 King West, BLVD, 12s, Wallman)

Fashion House (560 King St W, Freed, 12s, Core)

Thompson Residences (621 King St. W. nr Bathurst, Freed, 12s, Saucier + Perrotte)

400 Wellington St W (Sorbara, 11s, SMV Architects)

Seventy5 Portland St (Freed, 11s, Core)

620 King Street West (Go 620 developments, 11s, &Co.)

Downtown (508 Wellington St W, Parallax, 11s, &Co)

500 Wellington St W (Freed, 10s, Core)

32 Camden Street (Sorbara Group, 10s, Core)

Lofts 399 Adelaide (former Mode site, Cresford, 10s, Northgrave Architects)

Queen & Portland Lofts & Condos (Tribute/RioCan, 9s, Turner Fleischer)

456 Wellington Street West (C-Lounge site, Craft, 8 + 9s, &Co.)

Templar Hotel (348 Adelaide W, Del Terrelonge, 8s)

Sync Lofts (630 Queen St E, Streetcar, 8s, Tact Design)

67 Portland St. Condo (???,???,8s)

226 Queen St W at McCaul St (5s)

Hotel on Queen (335 Queen W @ Beverley, 4.5s)

Duke's Cycle (623-625 Queen St. W, Form, 3s)

122-124 Peter Street (Del Terrelonge, potential condo or hotel?)

Another couple that can be added to the list...http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?16429-263-Adelaide-St-W-(Neilas-35-45s-Teeple)...
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...134-Peter-375-381-Queen-W-Allied-REIT-17s-Co-)

Last edited:
Jesus Murphy:eek: , this area is going to be one big construction zone for the next couple of years. Here is a small statistic, of the 26 buildings over 32 storeys/100 meters...17-to break ground, 2-sinking, 2-rising, 4-topped, 1-hold.:)

Time for another edit:

1)525 Adelaide St W is now a Great Gulf project--they also bought the Pace Condos site from same owner.

2)The Adelaide Residences by Pinnacle--phase 2, 16s to go on site of sales centre.

3)Allied Reit's King&Peter future office tower(s) project.

4)111 Bathurst St

Sync Lofts is on Queen E, not anywhere near the ED.

Time for another edit:

1)525 Adelaide St W is now a Great Gulf project--they also bought the Pace Condos site from same owner.

2)The Adelaide Residences by Pinnacle--phase 2, 16s to go on site of sales centre.

3)Allied Reit's King&Peter future office tower(s) project.

4)111 Bathurst St

Sync Lofts is on Queen E, not anywhere near the ED.

Who purchased 111 Bathurst (Waddington Building)?

525 Adelaide and Pinnacle on Adelaide updated -- the other two need to have a thread created for me to link to.

Back