Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Newbuyer since you were kind enough to provide the dictionary definition of "direct access" for me a few posts back please allow me to return the favour with the word paranoia:

"Paranoia /ˌpærəˈnɔɪə/ (adjective: paranoid /ˈpærənɔɪd/) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me"). Paranoia is distinct from phobias, which also involve irrational fear, but usually no blame. Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe was intentional.

I think everyone here knows what "paranoid" means, except it does not apply to anyone here including me. Why would I fear you even if you are associated to the builder? LOL You are welcome here too. This is a public forum. You don't even have to be a member to view threads. Nothing is secret here. It even has been publicly announced by the press released.

It is okay even if you are associated to the builder and defending the builder. Remember there is always two sided of stories. :) You don't have to try so hard to distinct your self from the builder. We welcome you.

Guys, please ensure you contact your lawyers to reserve your right on the claim. The Charney lawyers have provided a sample of an abatement letter, and if anyone is interested please contact them.

I think everyone here knows what "paranoid" means, except it does not apply to anyone here including me. Why would I fear you even if you are associated to the builder? LOL You are welcome here too. This is a public forum. You don't even have to be a member to view threads. Nothing is secret here. It even has been publicly announced by the press released.

It is okay even if you are associated to the builder and defending the builder. Remember there is always two sided of stories. :) You don't have to try so hard to distinct your self from the builder. We welcome you.

I thought it was the " Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia " that seemed to best describe your posts, actually " is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion " seems to fit pretty well as well.

I thought it was the " Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia " that seemed to best describe your posts, actually " is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion " seems to fit pretty well as well.

LOL whatever float your boat. You seem pretty good at creating diversion. It's okay. You are welcome here whether you are associated with the builder or not.

So hard so fail :)

It would be nice, if we could get someone with some legal background to comment and give their opinions. Not necessarily the lawyers involved with the lawsuit itself, but just someone who can actually comment on this with some level of expertise or authority.

Its actually against the Competition Act and Consumers Protection Act which I had to study in Real Property Law issued by the Real Estate Council of Ontario. I dont know if builders/developers abide by the 2002 Real Estate and Business Broker's Act. but this is one case I'm very interested in, considering that I have a firm purchase agreement on tower 3. The marketing is misleading, simply put. They should have been more diligent and/or mitigate the situation.

Last edited:
Its actually against the Competition Act and Consumers Protection Act which I had to study in Real Property Law issued by the Real Estate Council of Ontario. I dont know if builders/developers abide by the 2002 Real Estate and Business Broker's Act. but this is one case I'm very interested in, considering that I have a firm purchase agreement on tower 3. The marketing is misleading, simply put. They should have been more diligent and/or mitigate the situation.

As a fellow purchaser of a suite in tower 3, I think we're just interested bystanders to the current lawsuit. But if the buyers of phase 1 do win, based on this Competition Act, doesn't this imply that, it's equally valid for all the purchasers of phase 2 and 3?

As a fellow purchaser of a suite in tower 3, I think we're just interested bystanders to the current lawsuit. But if the buyers of phase 1 do win, based on this Competition Act, doesn't this imply that, it's equally valid for all the purchasers of phase 2 and 3?

When I purchased in building three it, was presented verbally in the sales office that we would have direct underground access to tower 1, which would in turn give us direct access to the subway through tower 1, but there is nothing in my purchase agreement that says that and the dream tower will have direct access to subway. The promo book does say "easy access to don mills subway" that's about all I can find. Not sure if any of the materials provided to purchasers years ago were any different than the ones I received last November when I bought.

I will speak to my real estate lawyer next week about if closing under protest is a viable option.

When I purchased in building three it, was presented verbally in the sales office that we would have direct underground access to tower 1, which would in turn give us direct access to the subway through tower 1, but there is nothing in my purchase agreement that says that and the dream tower will have direct access to subway. The promo book does say "easy access to don mills subway" that's about all I can find. Not sure if any of the materials provided to purchasers years ago were any different than the ones I received last November when I bought.

“There will be an easy underground connection to the subway from all three towers. We are fortunate to be adjacent to Fairview Mall, which can reach by underground tunnel,” says Ben-Or ELAD Canada. http://www.thestar.com/life/homes/2012/07/03/living_a_dream_in_the_emerald_city.html

We would probably need the proof from the star that Ben-Or said this too. I was hoping everyone from tower 2 & 3 would place feedback here about what each of our lawyers suggest regarding closing under protest.

Yes, its the Podium of Tower 3, like a walk out basement style to our patio suites facing George Henry Blvd.

Sounds very nice, not sure if you have been by the site lately, but I drove by the other day and they have started working on the landscaping on that side of the building. starting to get a good vision of what the final product might look like.

...presented verbally in the sales office that we would have direct underground access to tower 1, which would in turn give us direct access to the subway through tower 1 ....
almost sounds like someone should go in there with a hidden camera pretending to be an interested buyer - then see what sales pitch they get... kinda like MarketPlace.

Back