Ellie Condos (G Group) - Real Estate -

So how can we get our deposit back
Too bad, I was hoping Sorbara would purchase the site to expand the their sharp looking single tower development immediately south of this site at 5200 Yonge.

It's also shame to lost the Hotel - this areas needs all the non-residential towers it can get.

I assume your money was put into trust to be overseen by the developers lawyers. I also assume you have a lawyer and a contract/purchase agreement of some sort. Your lawyer should know how to get your money back.

I also bought into this very disappointing and crappy project.

I understand the builder can sell off/cancel the project without the buyer's permission but aren't there any laws that require the previous or current builder to give some sort of notice to the buyers as to what is going on? It's been almost half a year since it's been sold (as far as what I can piece together).

This is ridiculous that I have to pay a lawyer to get my money back. I've tried calling various places like the previous builder's lawyer and any other numbers that were associated with the project but no one will talk. Anyone know how to proceed aside from calling a lawyer? I feel like I should be able to walk into the builder's or their lawyer's office and request my money back. It's a farce that I have to pay additional money to my own lawyer to get a refund.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am going to email Mark Weisleder who writes a real estate column in the Toronto Star newspaper. Doubt anything will come of it but who knows...maybe if there's some publicity, something will happen.

Just really annoyed at how the industry is so severely skewed in the builder's favour.

Back