News   Aug 29, 2024
 689     1 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 557     1 

East Don Trail Project

🤣 You a funny guy....

Joking aside @TorontoBoris, wait a few months until DJI releases their next model - Mini 5 Pro (my speculation) - and you'll see some of us drone junkies unloading our Mini 3 and 4 Pro's. :)
I've debated the drone thing for, forever. I generally tend to buy tech 1-2 gens out. Cheap and still great.

It's how I got my 360 cameras for pennies.

The bridge above was being lifted into place this morning. I wasn't there, so no video / pics from me, but should be finished by now.

* Edit * Can confirm bridge is now fixed in place.

I am told (fingers crossed) the tunnel is currently scheduled for September.

Looking forward to that tunnel.....

May 18

DJI_0033.jpeg

We returned here today for first time since last fall, approaching from the Fork of the Don there is no obvious progress past the bridge I photographed then - (SEE: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/east-don-trail-project.29247/page-7) though there is now a ladder so getting to the north of it was easy even for us old folk :)->) the path goes as far as the first rail crossing (I think where the tunnel will be.) One day it will be great!

We returned here today for first time since last fall, approaching from the Fork of the Don there is no obvious progress past the bridge I photographed then - (SEE: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/east-don-trail-project.29247/page-7) though there is now a ladder so getting to the north of it was easy even for us old folk :)->) the path goes as far as the first rail crossing (I think where the tunnel will be.) One day it will be great!
Will be awesome once it and the Meadoway is fully complete: can bike from Toronto Zoo to Harbourfront entirely on trails.

All the construction equipment from this site is gone other than a lone bobcat and porta-potty. The bridge is wide open (although I'm sure not technically open to the public). Just one handrail missing at the bottom level, and so far only one golf ball is on top.

A bunch of planting has been done along the golf course elevation.

There are no signs of movement on the tunnel sections, which have been sitting at the south end of the trail for a while. But it is nice to see the project continue to move forward. The trail is a truly beautiful 2.5 km run, spiral ramp included.

formation as of August 19, 2024

Bridge Replacement on Richmond Hill Line: East Don Trail Closures

September 6 – December 23

Project Overview

The Maintenance Delivery department is in the process of reconstructing a bridge on the Richmond HillLine which spans over the Don River and East Don Trail, just north of Eglinton Avenue. This maintenancework is anticipated to result in construction noise persisting throughout the day and night. We appreciateyour understanding and cooperation with this important state of good repair work.Public Safety MeasuresThe project team has determined that to ensure public safety, the East Don Trail will need to beintermittently closed near the bridge during the construction weekends. This is necessary to ensure publicsafety while loads are lifted directly over/adjacent to the trail, and during select track construction activities.Closures are anticipated to be intermittent during each of the identified closure dates, ranging fromminutes to hours in length, depending on the activity. Every effort will be taken to minimize the number andduration of such closures.
Location: As with all construction, work may be adjusted, rescheduled or extended due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.

On each of the below noted date ranges, trail closures may take place between 8:00 PM on the start date and 4:00 AM on the end date.•

Closure Dates:-
September 6-9-
September 13-16-
September 27-30-
October 11-14-
October 18-21-
October 25-28-
November 1-4-
November 15-18-
November 29- Dec 02-
December 6-9-
December 13-16-
December 20-23•

Signage: Appropriate signage will be placed along the trail to inform and redirect trail users during the closure periods.• Trail Alternatives: During each closure, trail users will have the opportunity to wait at the location of theclosure or return back along the trail to travel on surface streets to their destination. Unfortunately, once closed, no traffic will be permitted to cross until it is determined that it is safe to proceed.

If you have any questions or concerns about this work, please contact us any time at torontoEast@metrolinx.com. For more information on GO Expansion in your community, visit our website athttps://www.metrolinx.com/en/projects-and-programs/go-expansion

Back