News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 394     0 

East Bayfront: Bayside (Waterfront Toronto/Hines/Tridel, Pelli Clark Pelli et al)

^^^ ha, you took the words right out of my mouth! I'd assume Ford would be against anything other than having people reverting to living in caves...

Sorry for the tax talk, but the reality is is that the plans as shown will not be viable because of the tax. They might has well have provided renders of a palm tree filled park. Planning cannot take place in a vacuum.

Just to wrap this up, I wanted to say we're on the same page but these comments really don't belong in this thread ... not because they're irrelevant but because this applies to basically ever single retail property by 2015 and any new development that has / will take place.

So if this minute section of new retail in Toronto succeeds or not has really nothing to do with the factors you've established directly ... and, again to clarify, the issues your raise are city wide it will not effect this area anymore or less.

I really suggest you start a new thread to discuss these issues, not many may listen but I will at the very least ...

^^^ ha, you took the words right out of my mouth! I'd assume Ford would be against anything other than having people reverting to living in caves...

:) I'm pretty sure he voted NO ... along with everything else discussed that involves spending a penny - even if it's not direct, anything that makes it looks like he's spending money.

I'm not worried about him anymore :) - let him win, the council will change slightly but we'll still have many familiar faces, many who doesn't agree with ford directly. So maybe that means we get a mini ford lol i.e. some his spend less / trim fat ideas get implemented - and that sounds like a fine idea if it's possible.

the latest update video from WTO... featuring commentary from Hines and Pelli

[video=youtube;SVTiAH6mqfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVTiAH6mqfY[/video]

This from Waterrfront Toronto CEO's report to their October 20 Board:

Negotiations continue with Hines to finalize the various legal agreements that are required as part of the proposed transaction. Several changes have had to be incorporated to reflect changes required through the City approval process. None of these changes impacts on the overall transaction and Management is anticipating moving forward with Hines on their concept plan early in the new year. The Royal Canadian Yacht Club (“RCYC”), a long-time fixture on at the east end of East Bayfront (“EBF”), has advised that construction is moving well on their new facility on the east side of Cherry Street, just south of the ship channel. As a result they have advised that they will be terminating their lease effective the end of this year.

Here's a stupid question for you all - when can we expect construction on this to begin, I can't find a definite answer anyway - and what I mean by that is, when will the first condo go into sales for this specific parcel ?

While they have not confirmed a specific construction start, in a presentation to the Dec. 14 East Bayfront Stakeholder Advisory Committee (organized by Waterfront Toronto), Hines confirmed that occupancy for phase one is targeted for 2015 (market-dependent). Phase one is expected to be along the west side of the development parcel bordering Sherbourne Common.

While they have not confirmed a specific construction start, in a presentation to the Dec. 14 East Bayfront Stakeholder Advisory Committee (organized by Waterfront Toronto), Hines confirmed that occupancy for phase one is targeted for 2015 (market-dependent). Phase one is expected to be along the west side of the development parcel bordering Sherbourne Common.

Thanks a lot! Do we know what phase one is comprised of? i.e. is it one building or several. Given that time line I guess we can expect sales to start in late 2011 / early 2012 (they're relatively small building so they should only take 1 - 2 years to build I suspect).

This is in the CEO Report to the WT Board on December 15.

Great Gulf Homes (“GGH”) and their architect, Moshe Safdie, will be presenting their concept design for Parkside to the East Bayfront Stakeholders Committee on December 7, 2010 and the Design Review Panel on December 8, 2010. Feedback from those meetings will be reported verbally to the Board at its meeting on December 15, 2010.
Negotiations continue with Hines to finalize the various legal agreements that are required as part of the proposed transaction. An in-camera report to the Board for the December 15th meeting has been prepared to address what are anticipated to be the final minor changes necessary to complete the transaction. Assuming Board support, Management will then work with Hines and the City to finalize those agreements for which the City is a party. It is expected that that process will be completed sometime in the spring. Notwithstanding, Management and Hines have already begun the process of revising the concept plan and preparing the necessary materials for formal subdivision submission to the City.

Thanks a lot! Do we know what phase one is comprised of? i.e. is it one building or several. Given that time line I guess we can expect sales to start in late 2011 / early 2012 (they're relatively small building so they should only take 1 - 2 years to build I suspect).

The first phase is expected to include several buildlings both commericial and mixed-use residential, but again, this will be market dependent and will be determined by Hines as they move forward with the development. Hines has set up its own website for the project where you can sign up for updates: http://www.hines.com/country/canada/en/property/bayside.aspx

This from Waterfront CEO Report to their May 2011 meeting:

Hines Canada (“Hines”) has commenced the process of preparing a Plan of Subdivision application for the Bayside lands. This involves the retention of various consultants to address issues such as traffic, servicing and community facilities. As part of this process Hines and Waterfront Toronto (“WT”) have met with City staff to ensure that the application addresses all of the issues that affect these lands. And in support of this application WT has engaged an environmental consultant to ensure that all environmental approvals are in place to support the projected development.
The Construction Documentation drawings for the promenade have been finalized but have not been submitted to the City of Toronto. Submission to the City of Toronto has been postponed until the drawings can be coordinated with the future Bayside Development.
The Plan of Subdivision process is a statutory process that will involve public engagement and consultation throughout. In addition, Hines will take advantage of the EBF Stakeholder Committee as a forum for discussing issues.
Assuming overall support for the plan, then it is expected that servicing of the first phase of the project will commence in 2012 and, subject to market conditions, the first buildings could be under construction as early as 2013.

Back