News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 424     0 

East Bayfront: Bayside (Waterfront Toronto/Hines/Tridel, Pelli Clark Pelli et al)

My dog will be happy to have the walkway along the water extended further to the East.
Yes, phase 1 will take it from Sherbourne Common South to the new extension of Bonnycastle Street. This ought to e done by 2017. The second phase, to Parliament, will not be done until all of the Hines property gets developed. I fear your dog will not live long enough to see it!

The Cisco Canada HQ is at BCE place - and it has been reported most of the hiring will be in Ottawa and TO (not KW, though that's what I thought at first too)

AoD

Yeah Cisco is in Brookfield right now. But I heard from someone working there that they might be going to the new RBC at York/Harbour. Also in the promotional material made by Menkes for Harbour Plaza there is mention of that RBC building with RBC and Cisco as the two tenants.

Even if they don't land there I can't seem them coming to Bayside when there is still 16 York, 43 Simcoe/156 Front, 171 Front available

Last edited:
I can confirm they are moving to RBC place (over 100K worth of space) - hence that building is nearly full.

I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but would anyone mind filling me in on public transit on QQ that would service this development? I mean, I'm assuming that it wouldn't be going ahead without virtually finalized plans to get a TTC line out here, but I also remember hearing that the status of that transit connection was in question.

So what's the deal? Are TTC plans to service this area definitely going ahead? A continuation of the QQ west street car, or what?

no money for it, its a $300+ million dollar project as it requires the reconstruction and expansion of the Union Station streetcar loop, which costs a ton of money.

Disappointed that many of the names end in 'Drive', 'Way', or 'Cres'. Is this suburbia or something? Why don't they call it a street?

no money for it, its a $300+ million dollar project as it requires the reconstruction and expansion of the Union Station streetcar loop, which costs a ton of money.

Huh, interesting. So they're going ahead wit this development despite not direct transit connections, eh? Hmm. Odd...I just don't see how that can ultimately work.

Huh, interesting. So they're going ahead wit this development despite not direct transit connections, eh? Hmm. Odd...I just don't see how that can ultimately work.
Apparently the developers (both Bayside and Monde) and WT are still working with the City to get the LRT built as it would clearly make residential sales much easier and move the office tower part ahead too. Corus runs shuttle buses and the TTC has extended the #6 Bay bus but that really does not cut it. The WT slogan "transit first' may just have been a slogan....

Back