News   May 03, 2024
 887     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 550     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 267     0 

Dwell City Towns (427 & Rathburn, Menkes, ?s, ?) (was Sell-Off Condos)

Though given the 427-corridor location, they're "in scale". Now, if they were on the west side of the West Mall, I *would* agree with you...

Pretty much bang on.

The buildings are well within scale, especially considering that you have 1970's monster slabs like the 25+ Storey 5 Capri Tower just across the highway.

Well it appears the 427 area will be a new hotbed for suburban condos...

As it has easy access to Kipling Subway and the 401,427,QEW and the Gardiner.

Yeah the bus route there run ever 3-10 mins all day...

The radio ads for these condos are absolutely atrocious.

Every day is a Holiday at Holiday Towers.

:D

lol, my cousins wanted to buy this condo as an investment.

I said your way to late now in this game.

Hi everyone.

I am new to this board and the forum in general. Although I wasn't even thinking to join, I just wanted to say that all I have read is a lot of negativity about this project and as such, I decided that I must chime in.

I happened to buy a suite at the VIP preview just this past weekend and I am thrilled about it. Granted, some of you are stating the facts--such as that this development is geared at those of us first home buyers or young (not so rich) yuppies, but other than that, I can't understand why you are all ragging on this development?

It's going to be well placed (in Etobicoke, yet close to Mississauga), incredibly attractive & well tailored to those of us who work hard during the week and don't want to lift a finger when they get home. I think the "everyday is a holiday at the Holiday towers" slogan is quite appropriate and resonates with everyone who has already bought a suite or suites in the development. Also, did it ever cross any of your minds that this development might be the start of a rebeautification process of the area of West Mall/Burnhamthorpe? Years back, the West Mall was exclusive and luxury. Is it too far fetched to hope that Holiday Towers might be the leverage the area needs to start rebuilding the foundation and esteem that the area once held?

For someone who has lived in Mississauga for the past 13 years, but who works in Toronto, my personal reason for buying a place in Etobicoke is PRECISELY because of the proximity of the development area to the TTC. Why would I spend in excess of $265,000 for a 500 sq. ft. 1 bedroom without a den overlooking Kipling station (eye sore) at Parc Nuvo when I can buy a place here for much less and for much more square footage, AND that will be ten fold more attractive looking?

Although, I admit the proximity of the condos to the 427 in horrendous at best, it is equally as enticing to those buyers who drive into work. I really can't think of even a couple of negative points about this place and I resent the fact that you are all bashing it into the ground....

So is it just the most southerly of the 4 buildings released at the moment? Any idea what percentage appeared sold when you visited the office?

So is it just the most southerly of the 4 buildings released at the moment? Any idea what percentage appeared sold when you visited the office?

Hi 42,

Tower 1 is the South West (West Mall/Holiday Dr.) most building that is released. Also, the first 4 floors of Tower 2 on the North East corner will be released. I asked how that will work... since it strikes me as odd that they will build only the first 4 floors and leave the rest for later... ??! The interconnecting podium is also for sale to the Northern most point along the 427.

I have pictures of the model that I took with my digi cam. If someone can tell me how to post this (if I am even allowed too), I will gladly throw them up or e-mail them to someone to do so. :)

As for the percentage sold, I'm really unsure. There were lots of holds when I went. But I would say that about 25% of what is released is already sold. By guesstimation only... I really haven't the foggiest. Sorry!

Certainly you are allowed to post photos here.

It is best to get yourself a Flickr or Photobucket account and link your photos from their with the yellow box with the little mountain in it that you'll see when you post here again.

Also, did it ever cross any of your minds that this development might be the start of a rebeautification process of the area of West Mall/Burnhamthorpe? Years back, the West Mall was exclusive and luxury. Is it too far fetched to hope that Holiday Towers might be the leverage the area needs to start rebuilding the foundation and esteem that the area once held?

I will admit that while I find the design to be quite bland, it is nevertheless much better than anything there now and would bring much needed improvement to what is a shit area.

I'm confused by your statement regarding the West Mall's past though. It's lined with ugly 60's tower-in-park slabs and low-rise industrial (south of Dundas). When has this street ever even remotely approached any form of luxury and exclusivity?

Hi everyone.

I am new to this board and the forum in general. Although I wasn't even thinking to join, I just wanted to say that all I have read is a lot of negativity about this project and as such, I decided that I must chime in.

I happened to buy a suite at the VIP preview just this past weekend and I am thrilled about it. Granted, some of you are stating the facts--such as that this development is geared at those of us first home buyers or young (not so rich) yuppies, but other than that, I can't understand why you are all ragging on this development?

It's going to be well placed (in Etobicoke, yet close to Mississauga), incredibly attractive & well tailored to those of us who work hard during the week and don't want to lift a finger when they get home. I think the "everyday is a holiday at the Holiday towers" slogan is quite appropriate and resonates with everyone who has already bought a suite or suites in the development. Also, did it ever cross any of your minds that this development might be the start of a rebeautification process of the area of West Mall/Burnhamthorpe? Years back, the West Mall was exclusive and luxury. Is it too far fetched to hope that Holiday Towers might be the leverage the area needs to start rebuilding the foundation and esteem that the area once held?

For someone who has lived in Mississauga for the past 13 years, but who works in Toronto, my personal reason for buying a place in Etobicoke is PRECISELY because of the proximity of the development area to the TTC. Why would I spend in excess of $265,000 for a 500 sq. ft. 1 bedroom without a den overlooking Kipling station (eye sore) at Parc Nuvo when I can buy a place here for much less and for much more square footage, AND that will be ten fold more attractive looking?

Although, I admit the proximity of the condos to the 427 in horrendous at best, it is equally as enticing to those buyers who drive into work. I really can't think of even a couple of negative points about this place and I resent the fact that you are all bashing it into the ground....

It's not attractive looking at all. That's a good place to start. The design is horrible.

Back