News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Dufferin Street: Eliminating the jog

If you want to look at disjointed streets to be connected, Lansdowne and Jameson and it will only cost a few million.

That is indeed quite a mess right now and not that complex to fix. Buying out a few properties would resolve this quite easily. There's room behind those houses at the end of Landsdowne to create a diagonal road on to Jameson. Rebuild those homes (not necessarily the same ones) in the current spot of the start of Jameson Av.

An interesting photo on Daily Commercial News website today (Friday) ... David Miller, Adam Giambrone, and Joe Pantalone, lined up at the lectern at the official opening. This will probably be the last official opening for all three of these gentlemen. I guess they are entitled to enjoy their time in the limelight.

A couple of questions regarding post-tunnel changes:

1) Are the traffic lights at Gladstone being removed?
2) Are the streetcar stops @ Gladstone being moved?

haha "some wonder if the tunnel is a little too nice."

This is the culture we live in now, I guess. We demand that things be shitty.

haha "some wonder if the tunnel is a little too nice."

This is the culture we live in now, I guess. We demand that things be shitty.

explains why we just elected who we did for mayor.

p.s, let this project be a prime example of david miller's "war on cars".

Last edited:
I already opened a ticket with Google Maps to update their map to show Dufferin as continuous now :)

Sad times when tacking on a tad for the public realm is somehow gravy and not par for the course when building a global city.

That sentiment is pathetic. It wasn't even finished that well. It's mostly smooth and bland concrete surfaces, with boring rectangular columns. There could have been some brick or stone between the sidewalk and the road and some more texture to the concrete surfaces inside. Instead it's rather monotonous and bland as space. Yes, the artwork will help alleviate that, but it could have been done a lot better and wouldn't have even been that much more expensive. It may look decent being new, but once the concrete darkens, there's little to redeem it.

I did like the footage of the guy with the classic car driving through the underpass. That really drove home the point that this project was long overdue.

Last edited:
Well its about time! Too bad they couldnt get the street alignment right. That's my only quam with this project.

I have a question of my own:

How about the shoppers at Price Choppers? Now that the buses don't stop there anymore, they will have to walk a block to get to the stop.

Back