News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Dufferin Street: Eliminating the jog

Probably next year at the speed these slackers work. Thing was supposed to be open months ago.

Dont forget from reading the bunch of later posts... the concrete has to cure, and yes winter is coming, never know it could take up to a year for this delayed and over budget thing to open..lol :rolleyes: I cant wait till Ford is mayor.:D. St.Clair, Roncy, Dufferin Jog, etc. etc.

Last edited:
The irony of this delayed opening, to me, is that there was a notion/discussion a while back of delaying the project from opening so that the rail bridge can be widened now instead of revisiting it down the road....the city said no...that the residents of the area had suffered enough and they should open it now! I think the bridge widening was put on hold because of that.......seems that, now, the delay is happening anyway and still the bridge will have to be widened at a later date.

Just an outside observation but it seems the residents are getting the worst of both worlds....continued delays now only for future construction headaches later too!

The irony of this delayed opening, to me, is that there was a notion/discussion a while back of delaying the project from opening so that the rail bridge can be widened now instead of revisiting it down the road....the city said no...that the residents of the area had suffered enough and they should open it now! I think the bridge widening was put on hold because of that.......seems that, now, the delay is happening anyway and still the bridge will have to be widened at a later date.

Just an outside observation but it seems the residents are getting the worst of both worlds....continued delays now only for future construction headaches later too!

They should just go ahead and do that other work they were thinking of.

Pure insanity, this. I'm a fan of progress. Currently, there is no progress. No work and all play makes me one agitated bassa'.

I guess I should have expected it though...

lmao, yeah. I've spoken too soon. Just passed through the intersection today and they're getting ready to pave the north end sidewalk corners in. Didn't stop two teens from coming down the tunnel though, haha.

The way it looks, it'll open in the next two weeks max. We waited 40 years for this to get done. We can wait 14 more days.

I asked a couple of guys on site when this was scheduled to open and they said next Thursday - and then they laughed very hard. Cross your fingers.

They wouldnt be laughing so hard iif they had to pay back the city (truthfully us taxpayers) every penny back beyond the proposed scheduled completion date of this project. Umm..3 months maybe more...that would be good for about a couple of mil.:mad:

Fixed bid with tighter timeframes and contractual penalties would no doubt lead to a higher price initially. What is the rush to open something that has never existed and was put off for years. The delays are costing the contractor to have people on site.

Fixed bid with tighter timeframes and contractual penalties would no doubt lead to a higher price initially. What is the rush to open something that has never existed and was put off for years. The delays are costing the contractor to have people on site.

Maybe because people are pissed off at the status-quo of city construction projects being delayed EVERYTIME.

This on City website could be connected to an opening??
QUEEN STREET WEST – TORONTO AND EAST YORK DISTRICT
GLADSTONE AVENUE to DUFFERIN STREET. The curb lane in each direction will be occupied due to bridge work.
START DATE: Saturday November 13th, 2010
COMPLETION DATE: Sunday November 14th, 2010
HOURS of WORK: 12:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M.
TRAFFIC IMPACT: MODERATE

I was under the impression that contract penalties in construction conctracts were unenforeable? Anyone know for sure?

Back