News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 895     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 355     0 

Double-decker GO buses

New double-deck Tardis unveiled

"Premier Dalton McGuinty and Transportation Minister Jim Bradley attended the unveiling of a new GO Transit double-decker bus Friday."

well, tomorrow is a holyday after all -- can't expect them to actually schedule a press conference then

-indeed, looks cool
-wonder if any of them tried to sit in one of the apparently non-reclining seats...

Why won't these busses go into service until 2009 if they are being delivered now? Can training really take that long?

City News Strikes Again!

April 2009 is the deadline for the option to purchase more. It normally takes a few weeks from delivery to service, and the first two have been on property for at least a week.

I used to ride this buses in Victoria where double deckers are all the rage (also in Hong Kong & London). If you're over 6'3 like I am it is best to stay on the first level. Heck, if you're 5'3like some gigantic garden gnome then you should probably stay on bottom level.

They top level, first row is a lot of fun actually.... especially when you go under tree brush and the banches whip you in the face (well, hit the glass).

I had the same fun in Victoria with the tree branches in the "face". Though the top of the front won't be that much fun given that they will be on the 407, 410 and 403 almost the whole time, nothing like Douglas Street or Esquimalt Road, or the streets of London, where I had much fun with the Routemasters when they were still in regular service.

mar2008-gonoon.jpg

Looks like there's only one door on the entire bus. I wonder if that is wise for a bus with such high capacity.

They top level, first row is a lot of fun actually.... especially when you go under tree brush and the banches whip you in the face (well, hit the glass).

I love the front row seats on the upper deck too, though like what has been said about Victoria and London, a double decker ride on the 407 won't be as fun as a trip down Nathan Road in Hong Kong.

However, the front row on the upper deck is also the most dangerous place to sit on a double-decker bus, especially without a guardrail in front or seat belts. In several bus collisions in Hong Kong, passengers were killed when they flew out of their front row seats and through the front window. Ouch.

mar2008-gonoon.jpg

Looks like there's only one door on the entire bus. I wonder if that is wise for a bus with such high capacity.

It's more so to do with GO's policy. The driver is *supposed* to check your ticket on entry AND on exit.

Based on the GO Transit zone fares how much do they owe?

let's just say that when they got caught, those bricks they were shittin' better had been gold ones because all the alchemists in the world couldn't figure out how to get gold from piss.

Back