News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 911     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 355     0 

Double-decker GO buses

Under the NDP's "buy Ontario" plan, if they were to be ordered now, these buses wouldn't exist, since there's no way Orion would make them under licence for such a small order and the bridge clearances rule out replacing all GO buses with DDs.

Under the NDP's "buy Ontario" plan, if they were to be ordered now, these buses wouldn't exist, since there's no way Orion would make them under licence for such a small order and the bridge clearances rule out replacing all GO buses with DDs.

Luckily the NDP aren't in power.

The article (now at least) says that the buses "will go into operation in April 2008 on the 403 and 407. ".

Let's see what happens but I would think it is even money that Singapore Airlines got their Airbus 380 into service sooner after delivery than these folks do with some double-decker buses.

Ah well...

Double Decker bus ride

Hi!

Just curious if anyone knows which GO Bus routes have the Double Decker running? I'd like to try it one day now that spring is around the corner...go out to York University and ride it to wherever it goes. If you know the exact Route Numbers (and Trip Numbers from the schedules), even better! That way I can plan a trip perfectly!

It's the next best thing to going to London ;)

Many thanks,

JPG

The double-deckers are usually on the York U-Oakville and York U-Streetsville runs. I don't think they are usable on the McMaster run because of the clearances around the TH&B station. No idea about schedules though. Best to wait and see.

You can also ride the MegaBus, which seems to use mostly VanHool double deckers on the M24 route to Buffalo and New York.

You can also ride the MegaBus, which seems to use mostly VanHool double deckers on the M24 route to Buffalo and New York.

i rode that bus on the way back from toronto and it was quite comfortable. the free wifi was also an added plus. however, we went through a snow storm in new york and i could feel the bus swaying back and forth.

Did you ride it from New York?

I took it to and from BUF. The bus was half empty both ways - I can only see it comfortable for a long run like that if no one sits besides me. The washroom is clean. Sitting at the front was fun, though I wouldn't choose that seat if doing a long-distance run - seats behind the stairwells seemed to be the ideal ones for legroom.

Did you ride it from New York?

I took it to and from BUF. The bus was half empty both ways - I can only see it comfortable for a long run like that if no one sits besides me. The washroom is clean. Sitting at the front was fun, though I wouldn't choose that seat if doing a long-distance run - seats behind the stairwells seemed to be the ideal ones for legroom.

yup, i took it all the way from NYC. i'd say it was about 75% full and since i was the last one to get on, i didn't get a front row seat. but i felt that there was more legroom on the new bus than there was on the older one that we took to NYC. it was also a much smoother ride.

Here's a pic.

GO_Transit_8009_a.jpg

Gah, that thing is hideous! I hope it is just the angle the shot was taken at, but the top level appears massively bulbous. Like some grotesque forehead. The Envirolines in London don't have such a sheer face.

Back