Discovery Condos (Concord Park Place) - Real Estate -

I know I'm kinda late, but do you guys know if they still have 2 bedrooms units available for sale? What are the price range?

Depends on which building. A + B (tall towers) are pretty much sold out with the exception of a few units on the higher levels. As much as I would love to extend my welcome to additional future neighbours, I would hate to see you get ripped off by the outrageous pricing via 'demand vs. supply'

Prices are set at $450k to $550k for leftover 2 bedrooms units and $28K for a parking spot. All 1 bed, 1 bed + den units are gone.

Cassius were you recently at the sales centre? Did they give you a spec sheet? I'm wondering what kind of units are left over and at what size?

Hst

Hi, This question is directed to those who purchased a unit before the HST came into effect and who signed a main agreement which said GST is included in the quoted price, but also signed Addendum which said HST, GST and PST are not covered at the same time.

I spoke to one of the salesmen a couple of weeks ago as I was not sure if the GST is covered and how much the HST will cost me as I was trying to figure out how much I need to apply for a mortgage. He told me that the GST was covered and he estimated that after rebate, to add around 2% to the total cost. However, he did not seem to be that clear on things as they have not closed on any deals like this. Now, all the sales agreements all include the HST. I went to a bank to ask about the rates and showed the banker my agreement. He did not find the two agreements very clear as he thinks the Addendum contradicts the main agreement (part about whether the GST is actually included in the price quoted to me).

Has anyone out there in the same situation as me been able to clarify this? Thanks a bunch!

Hi, This question is directed to those who purchased a unit before the HST came into effect and who signed a main agreement which said GST is included in the quoted price, but also signed Addendum which said HST, GST and PST are not covered at the same time.

I spoke to one of the salesmen a couple of weeks ago as I was not sure if the GST is covered and how much the HST will cost me as I was trying to figure out how much I need to apply for a mortgage. He told me that the GST was covered and he estimated that after rebate, to add around 2% to the total cost. However, he did not seem to be that clear on things as they have not closed on any deals like this. Now, all the sales agreements all include the HST. I went to a bank to ask about the rates and showed the banker my agreement. He did not find the two agreements very clear as he thinks the Addendum contradicts the main agreement (part about whether the GST is actually included in the price quoted to me).

Has anyone out there in the same situation as me been able to clarify this? Thanks a bunch!

Concord includes GST in their prices. However they didn't add the HST. Unless it's specified it's included, it's not included. I don't think anyone is clear on the exact amount HST will affect the price. It's new and only effective on document signed in later pre-constructions which most haven't closed yet.

Thanks AKS for your prompt reply. What I am confused is that if Concord prices include GST but not include HST (if you bought before the HST kicked in), then isn't the HST a combination of GST and PST? This seems contradictory to me if the main sales document said the price include GST, but at the same time, we are signing an Addendum which said it does not include all this. Perhaps the Addendum refers to the upgrades only? I hope so.

I don't think there has been any discussion about this on this site. I am surprised that no one is questioning it as it would impact greatly on the finally price we pay!

Anyway, thanks a lot for your comments!

Good point made. I think no one here is questioning it yet as we still have a long way to go. Once we do move in by early 2012, there is still the possiblity of a few additional months of occupancy fees before dealing with the final price via mortgage, etc.

asiancolossus: The pricing of those leftover units were as of Dec 2010 and the size were 750+ sqr feet spots.

I've noticed some original concord parkplace purchasers are already trying to put up their units for sale on craigslist. It took me awhile to find one with an actual sales price.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/reo/2244684897.html

http://rexhotproperty.com/aprg/contact.aspx?sid=100215

If you look at the phone #. It is this dude that's putting it up for sale. If my memory serves me right, only the 2nd floor has 9ft ceiling.
1000228_Photo.jpg

I would take this post with a grain of salt.

More
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-housing-...NG-SW-PARKING-LOCKER-INCLD-W0QQAdIdZ264592101

Last edited:
Everyone's move in (confirmed closing) date?

We were driving around the area over the weekend and was excited to see:
- the sidewalk concrete is paved (despite inside the fence) on the north side of Esther Shiner
- Fridge inside a corner unit on the 2nd floor on D Building!!!!!! (2nd floor of living spaces, so probably = 3rd floor in the elevator, faces McDonalds above Spot cafe)

Does this mean that units on the lower floors are close to being ready for move-in? Who has got the earliest move in date here? Ours is not til Jan 2012... (we're in Building A)

We were driving around the area over the weekend and was excited to see:
- the sidewalk concrete is paved (despite inside the fence) on the north side of Esther Shiner
- Fridge inside a corner unit on the 2nd floor on D Building!!!!!! (2nd floor of living spaces, so probably = 3rd floor in the elevator, faces McDonalds above Spot cafe)

Does this mean that units on the lower floors are close to being ready for move-in? Who has got the earliest move in date here? Ours is not til Jan 2012... (we're in Building A)

Building E - March 2012.

By the way, has anyone ever noticed about the mysterious construction going on in front of Buildng A/B at the corner of Estner Shiner Blvd and old Leslie Rd?

Seemed a bit odd as I passed by that area several times and noticed the clearance of land as if there was another building in the works.

And Voila... Looks like a new profect called Leslie Boutique Residences is going to be crammed in the same space.

http://www.myvipcondo.ca/coming-soon-1.php

By the way, has anyone ever noticed about the mysterious construction going on in front of Buildng A/B at the corner of Estner Shiner Blvd and old Leslie Rd?

Seemed a bit odd as I passed by that area several times and noticed the clearance of land as if there was another building in the works.

And Voila... Looks like a new profect called Leslie Boutique Residences is going to be crammed in the same space.

http://www.myvipcondo.ca/coming-soon-1.php

See this thread I started last year http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...esidences-(2756-Old-Leslie-St-Greatlands-11s)

It will look like a very odd building being so short compared to the Concord mammoth complex. The prices seem way overvalued and I can only imagine what the maintenance fees will be for a building that small.

Back