Discovery Condos (Concord Park Place) - Real Estate -

Just got my PDI notice last week for Discovery 1. I was pretty surprised given that interim closing isn't until January 2012, could this mean that we might close ahead of proposed schedule?

Just got my PDI notice last week for Discovery 1. I was pretty surprised given that interim closing isn't until January 2012, could this mean that we might close ahead of proposed schedule?

first time buyer here so this might seem like a silly question: once you do a PDI, do you move in shortly or does it still take awhile??

first time buyer here so this might seem like a silly question: once you do a PDI, do you move in shortly or does it still take awhile??

It depends on the builder .... most larger builders do PDI about 1 month in advance so that they have time to fix things before you get interim occupancy, while other builders will do PDI a couple days before occupancy and fix things AFTER you move in ~

It depends on the builder .... most larger builders do PDI about 1 month in advance so that they have time to fix things before you get interim occupancy, while other builders will do PDI a couple days before occupancy and fix things AFTER you move in ~

Does this builder give you opportunity to go to a design centre and have you pick out and upgrade finishes?

Just did my PDI today. I'm in Discovery 1, building A.

Checked out my suite and everything looked great. Only small paint touch-ups required.

Here is my initial thought after visiting the site. I think the townhouses at the the bottom of the building look like community housing. Maybe it's just the color choices, I don't know. I found the building lobby to be very unimpressive. You just see a security desk as you enter, and there's no really lobby or waiting area. I asked where will they put the waiting area, I was told there isn't one. They have 3 elevators servicing this building with 28 stories and 10 units per floor.

Parking for building A is terrible. The entire parking garage is built under the courtyard, in the center of all the buildings. Building 1, is not directly connected to the parking lot, and you have to navigate through a series of doors to get into the parking garage. I was told you will be able to take the elevator for any of the other buildings to get to the main level. Since all the buildings are connected, don't have to walk through the parking garage. However, I did see 10 or so parking spaces outside of the main parking garage for building A. These must be for VIP or penthouse owners.

I asked about the visitor parking and was told it's on the first level, but didn't actually see it. Anyone else with similar feedback? My interim closing is December 6.

Is there any confirmation that there will be a direct connection to the subway station?

Did they forget to put the white panels to cup the roof of the last floor in Building 'D'?

How does the locker area look? Is it worth the price to buy a locker there for $2500?

When are they putting up those "rainbow" colours up at the top for Building 'A' as it shows in the models?

When are they putting up those "rainbow" colours up at the top for Building 'A' as it shows in the models?

I have this odd feeling those colour strips at the top of Bldgs A+B are not happening anymore ~

Discovery 1

Just did my PDI today. I'm in Discovery 1, building A.

Checked out my suite and everything looked great. Only small paint touch-ups required.

Here is my initial thought after visiting the site. I think the townhouses at the the bottom of the building look like community housing. Maybe it's just the color choices, I don't know. I found the building lobby to be very unimpressive. You just see a security desk as you enter, and there's no really lobby or waiting area. I asked where will they put the waiting area, I was told there isn't one. They have 3 elevators servicing this building with 28 stories and 10 units per floor.

Parking for building A is terrible. The entire parking garage is built under the courtyard, in the center of all the buildings. Building 1, is not directly connected to the parking lot, and you have to navigate through a series of doors to get into the parking garage. I was told you will be able to take the elevator for any of the other buildings to get to the main level. Since all the buildings are connected, don't have to walk through the parking garage. However, I did see 10 or so parking spaces outside of the main parking garage for building A. These must be for VIP or penthouse owners.

I asked about the visitor parking and was told it's on the first level, but didn't actually see it. Anyone else with similar feedback? My interim closing is December 6.

Thanks for your comments tekguy. I am also in Discovery 1 building A but my inspection is not until late next month, so you are one of the first I suspect.
I'm a bit concerned by your parking comments, would you be able to clarify? I'm assuming that from your comments, that anyone in the building will have to walk into the lobby joining the two buildings to get to the parking garage? And what did you mean when you said you can take "any of the other elevators" to get to the main floor, doesn't the 3 elevators take you to the main floor of building A? My big concern is that they stick me in parking underground 4 and I have to keep circling up and down and that would be a nightmare.

I too am upset there is no waiting area, so a security desk for both buildings? That is so stupid! I certainly hope access to the amenities is a lot easier.

Inside the condo, was it an accurate representation of flooring, kitchen and bathroom, etc that they put in their pictures. I still am miffed that they only gave us three choices of colour scheme. Tridel for example I think lets you pick out everything. So basically there is no variety in the building.

Thanks for any more info you can give.

hello AC,

Most of the information I provided was based on my own observation. I think the unit was a little nicer than I had expected. The granite counters, thermofoil cabinets and single piece glass backslash came out real nice. I took some pics that do it no justice, can post if interested. Not sure if everybody got appliances as standard or not. They're Frigidaire brand fridge and and slide-in stove, combination 2-in-1 washer and dryer definitely a space saver, but weird to have it open in the kitchen.

I think all other buildings and townhouses except for building 'A' have direct elevator access to the main parking garage. The entrance to the parking is off of Esther Shiner Blvd in front of Ikea. Once you enter there, you can see a drop off and 10 prime parking spaces for building 'A'. There is a second garage door on the left after you enter. That is the entrance to the main garage. The inspector told me there is elevator access to the main lobby of all the other buildings with my keyfob. This way you can get to the lobby of building 'A' without having to walk through the entire underground garage, for safety and security I suppose. Since all of the buildings are connected on the main lobby, that's how you could get to your building. You can still navigate yourself past the second inside garage door and enter through the elevators at the dropoff area which may be more direct, but potentially more dangerous due to traffic. Not sure how spots were assigned, but I'm on the 10th floor and hot put on P3.

Lack of waiting area makes it not very welcoming. Should my visitors hangout and keep the security guard company while they wait for me? The lobby looks unfinished with the metal beams showing, not sure what look they were going for.

hello AC,

Most of the information I provided was based on my own observation. I think the unit was a little nicer than I had expected. The granite counters, thermofoil cabinets and single piece glass backslash came out real nice. I took some pics that do it no justice, can post if interested. Not sure if everybody got appliances as standard or not. They're Frigidaire brand fridge and and slide-in stove, combination 2-in-1 washer and dryer definitely a space saver, but weird to have it open in the kitchen.

I think all other buildings and townhouses except for building 'A' have direct elevator access to the main parking garage. The entrance to the parking is off of Esther Shiner Blvd in front of Ikea. Once you enter there, you can see a drop off and 10 prime parking spaces for building 'A'. There is a second garage door on the left after you enter. That is the entrance to the main garage. The inspector told me there is elevator access to the main lobby of all the other buildings with my keyfob. This way you can get to the lobby of building 'A' without having to walk through the entire underground garage, for safety and security I suppose. Since all of the buildings are connected on the main lobby, that's how you could get to your building. You can still navigate yourself past the second inside garage door and enter through the elevators at the dropoff area which may be more direct, but potentially more dangerous due to traffic. Not sure how spots were assigned, but I'm on the 10th floor and hot put on P3.

Lack of waiting area makes it not very welcoming. Should my visitors hangout and keep the security guard company while they wait for me? The lobby looks unfinished with the metal beams showing, not sure what look they were going for.

I got the black package with stainless steel, it was an upgrade, not sure if it'll hold up with the test of time but I really liked the modern look of it. Please if you could post some pics it would be appreciated. How was the laminate flooring? I hear that the nice laminate flooring is very durable and has the look of hardwood. I don't want the cheap stuff.

I was wondering about parking, I hope they don't assign me something way down, especially now you are saying about the parking. I am afraid I cannot picture the way to the parking lot from your description, I'd have to see it in person. I think my unit is facing towards Ikea so hopefully it won't be too far of a trek for me. I am rather upset about the lack of direct access to building A, I can't see a decent reason for this, can you? Can you get into the garage from the lobby then? So what you are saying from building A I'd have to go to the lobby to get to the garage?

Anyways, I'm excited to be moving in but sort of wary about the parking issue. The traffic will be a zoo in the area too.

Wow... I am surprised that the first group of people are doing PDIs already. That is a really good indication for the rest of us that there will be no more unpleasent delays.

Tekguy: You mentioned that your interim occupancy date is in the first week of December and you had your PDI in mid September. Are you located on one of the first few floors in Building A (wish there were more fancier names for these buildings)? So far, I've heard folks with occupancies as early as December to Late March.

Never heard of PDIs and Interim Occupancy dates being a bit over 2 months away from each other. Either way, no complaints by me. Plus just like Asiancolossus and the rest of us, I'm sure we are very eager to see what pictures you have taken of your unit.

Interiors

What do you guys think of the brand name Frigidaire?

The 2 in 1 washer/dryer....is it like the size of one full size washer but also dries? Or is it like really puny that you can wash only half the clothes of a regular washer? What's the brand name for that?

Anyone know other retailers on the ground floor other than the Hot Spot coming in these buildings?

Some people think Tango 1 and Tango 2 are higher end. Is it really? I think Discovery 1 & 2 are more functional with breakfast tables, although Tango have storage spaces within their units.

Speaking of lobbies, when I go to some Tridel buildings, they seem to spurge on their lobby waiting area with grand staircases and decor. I take it each building has their own mini waiting area instead of one main area in general.

Back