News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.8K     2 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

BILD has some problems with the development charges related to the project.

BILD has appealed the City of Toronto’s Development Charges By-law amendment to include the Scarborough subway extension project, which was approved by City Council on May 7.

In a Notice of Appeal letter submitted on behalf of BILD by Lynda Townsend and Jennifer Meader of WeirFoulds LLP, the reasons for appeal include: a benefit to the existing population that has been incorrectly calculated and a post-period benefit that has been incorrectly calculated using methodologies that are not fair and reasonable nor in accordance with the Development Charges Act.

Also noted in the appeal letter is that the inflation costs in the amended By-law appear to have been double-counted and rely on a methodology that is not fair and reasonable, and not in accordance with the Act.

BILD’s consultant team, which also includes planners Audrey Jacob of IBI Group and Nick G. Poulos of Poulos & Chung Limited, also note in the appeal letter that the automatic train control, which is a component of the proposed charge, appears to constitute computer equipment and that is not an eligible capital cost inclusion under the Act.

BILD members will be updated as the appeal process gets underway.

Good grief....another legal challenge....This is why projects here never get finished. There is always somebody that will be discontent and they take it out on the rest.

So these people have absolutely no idea how much infrastructure costs: http://www.torontolife.com/informer/transit/2015/07/09/scarborough-subway-cost-interviews/

First one thinks the SSE will cost a few hundred thousand dollars to build. The rest say a few million, or maybe a few hundred million. I want to believe they're trolling the reporter.

I suspect Torontonians are generally more informed than these people.

But the cost of coffee during meeting, that they understand. (BTW. At large meetings at my former private company, the company did supply coffee for us.)

I am not surprised the public doesn't know what is going on.

I was surprised that no transit expert was willing to support transit ideas that save billions of dollars - such as Spadina subway being at-grade\elevated through Vaughan or connecting the SRT to the Eglinton line to Serve STC with a "subway". If these transit experts have no idea on the value of a dollar then how can we expect the public to know what is going on.

So these people have absolutely no idea how much infrastructure costs: http://www.torontolife.com/informer/transit/2015/07/09/scarborough-subway-cost-interviews/

First one thinks the SSE will cost a few hundred thousand dollars to build. The rest say a few million, or maybe a few hundred million. I want to believe they're trolling the reporter.

I suspect Torontonians are generally more informed than these people.

I doubt it. My impression is the average person doesn't know anything about transit, what subways are being built, how much they cost, how many years it takes etc. A lot of people also have no sense of money in large amounts in general, like what the market cap of various companies are, etc.

Usually the most they know is that they visited another city with a bigger subway system/map and they wish ours was bigger.

I doubt it. My impression is the average person doesn't know anything about transit, what subways are being built, how much they cost, how many years it takes etc. A lot of people also have no sense of money in large amounts in general, like what the market cap of various companies are, etc.

Usually the most they know is that they visited another city with a bigger subway system/map and they wish ours was bigger.

I'm amazed by how many people I know that have no idea the Spadina extension is going on.

Ha. I have the opposite issue I keep forgetting that TYSSE hasn't opened yet. A few weeks ago I was badgering a friend for using the Yonge Line to get downtown from Finch @ Keele while I was thinking he could've used the not yet open Finch West station on the University Line.

I do the same thing with the Eglinton LRT as well. On more than one occasion I've almost told people to take the Eglinton subway to get to Eglinton West from Yonge. I'm an idiot.

I'm amazed by how many people I know that have no idea the Spadina extension is going on.

I think some percentage of the population knows that a subway is getting built to York U, but a huge amount doesn't. I think most people will once it opens, shows up on subway maps and the opening is on the news. The biggest impact on awareness will probably be the subway map changing.

I also think some people are vaguely aware that something is happening on Eglinton and might be in Scarborough, but they aren't sure what is being built. Many don't know that Eglinton is partly underground. But the construction that's now all across Eglinton has increased awareness.

Back