News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 735     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Cycling infrastructure (Separated bike lanes)

So, @H4F33Z doesn't have the full story on this one.

I wouldn't worry too much about driver complaints here......

There are other problems on Eglinton..........they will be addressed...........

I wonder what they're going to do in the meantime. While the intersections where the stations are have been repaved to the design standards, several parts of Eglinton have asphalt that looks like post-WW2 Berlin. There are potholes over a foot wide that cars slow to a crawl to drive around. I guess that's one way to implement Vision Zero, just don't pave the roads.

The Wellington Street Bikeway behind 'The Well' is under construction: (photo take May 6th, 2023)

DSC01500.jpg

Any chance to push these further west?

Next item, I noticed @H4F33Z made an observation about a possible change in the design boulevard bike path system on Steeles:

This was the previous render:

View attachment 472422

the City recently posted a new one:

View attachment 472423

The new render shows the cycle paths buffered by landscape from the road (Which both Hafeez and I prefer).

So I asked City staff about this. I was told that the intent was always to buffer where possible, and the render now better reflects that intent as the design has been refined.

I didn't discuss segment by segment but I do gather there will be some unbuffered parts, probably where there are turn lanes/or where the ROW is otherwise narrower. But the design will maximize buffers.

Any chance to push these further west?

1683449128563.png

All of the double-blue is this project, this year.

View attachment 474932

I meant the Steeles lanes, not Wellington

View attachment 474932

Will this connect with the Railpath?

Will this connect with the Railpath?

'Hopefully' would be the answer.

Right now, Rail Path is set for implementation to Sudbury and Abell.

This project gets you to King and Douro.

So there is still a short gap.

The intent is to find a way to close that gap either via the rail corridor or via Sudbury; there is no design for that yet, last I heard.

why the secrecy

I have information that isn't yet public; and unless my source gives me permission, I will not preempt them. That would understandably limit my ability to access such information.

It will be public. Probably soon. We'll see.

So what didn't he get right?

See above.

what are the other problems that will be addressed?

Not a problem caused by the City or by consultations. The details will be public in some fashion soon enough.

I have information that isn't yet public; and unless my source gives me permission, I will not preempt them. That would understandably limit my ability to access such information.

It will be public. Probably soon. We'll see.

See above.

Not a problem caused by the City or by consultations. The details will be public in some fashion soon enough.
ok then, any time frame when it will become public? before or after the mayoral election?

Last edited:

Back