News   Jul 17, 2024
 72     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 703     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 611     0 

Corktown

God, what kind of imbecile would do that?
B09xhq1IUAA5jHo.jpg
?

Last edited:
Saw this on the Lower Don Trail - signed on both ends between Corktown Common and Queen St - anyone know what's up?

grzisaR.png

I passed through and saw no evidence of any work or equipment, not even any survey marks.

Saw this on the Lower Don Trail - signed on both ends between Corktown Common and Queen St - anyone know what's up?

I passed through and saw no evidence of any work or equipment, not even any survey marks.
They announced several months ago that when they were working on the final (?) connections for the back-flow prevention valve at the Queen Street Bridge there might be closures - I guess that's what is happening. (Of course, when they start work on the upgrade to the Lower Don Trail (spring 2015??) there will be far more extensive closures - I suppose this could be for surveying work??.)

Media Advisory

November 4, 2014

Mural to be unveiled at downtown Toronto underpass

Councillor Pam McConnell (Toronto Centre-Rosedale, Ward 28) will be joined by artists Shalak Attack, Bruno Smoky and Fiya Bruxa, along with community representatives, to unveil murals at the Adelaide/Richmond underpass pillars on King Street East.

Date: Thursday, November 6
Time: 4 to 6 p.m., ribbon-cutting at 5 p.m.
Location: Underpass at King Street East (Adelaide/Richmond underpass just west of Sumach Street)

This public art initiative is part of the StreetARToronto Underpass Program, which is a program of Transportation Services' Public Realm Section.

Well somebody has to deal with the Gridock.

This guy was running in my ward. Thank god he didn't get in...he might as well have just run as "The Rob Ford candidate" (not that there was much of a worry that he would win...Pam McConnell won pretty handily both last time and this time).

Old Eastern Avenue has FINALLY reopened - from Eastern Avenue to St Lawrence Street. For some reason the short block from St Lawrence St to Lawren Harris Square is not open but at least pedestrians and cyclists can cut through Underpass Park. No sign of Cherry Street reopening, though it has been totally finished for months.

The King Street bridge closure MAY be coming to an end! (From WT November Newsletter)

The work currently underway by Infrastructure Ontario below the King-Queen bridge continues to progress. The permanent Back Flow Preventer (BFP) has been installed and the temporary BFP has been removed.

Installation of the micro piles has also been progressing with only three remaining. Micro piles are small diameter rods drilled into bedrock adjacent to the bridge columns to reinforce the columns and support the bridge span. The micro piles are encased in a steel pipe and then filled with concrete grout for stability.

The remaining three micro piles are expected to be completed this month. This work entails jacking up the bridge while the micro piles are being installed. The new concrete pile caps will be formed and installed at the same time. Once complete, the bridge will be put back on the reinforced columns and work will be performed to ensure the bridge columns are level and plumb.

Infrastructure Ontario expects to complete the work in early 2015 and is grateful for the community’s patience. Infrastructure Ontario will continue to make every effort to keep the community up-to-date on the status of work going forward.

For more information or questions about the work being undertaken at the King-Queen bridge please contact info@infrastructureontario.ca.

The King Street bridge closure MAY be coming to an end!
Finally!! Spent 10 minutes parked on Parliament last night in a streetcar traffic jam.

Though there's still rather a lot of missing overhead on King Street that TTC have yet to re-install after the Cherry Street construction (at least last time I walked down King East a couple of weeks ago). I'd think they'd sooner be doing that now, than in January!

Finally!! Spent 10 minutes parked on Parliament last night in a streetcar traffic jam.

Though there's still rather a lot of missing overhead on King Street that TTC have yet to re-install after the Cherry Street construction (at least last time I walked down King East a couple of weeks ago). I'd think they'd sooner be doing that now, than in January!
Yes the overhead is still not back from the Don to about Sackville but it's probably not hard to do and they are busily installing it all over the City (they are planning to do King west of Bathurst next week, at night). It will be interesting to see if the bother putting in the special overhead t King/Cherry now or just run it straight through.

It will be interesting to see if the bother putting in the special overhead t King/Cherry now or just run it straight through.
I'd think they'd just leave that until after the games, so no one rips it down by accident - at least south of Eastern.

Back