News   Jul 22, 2024
 674     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 488     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 528     0 

Construction Update 20060910 - Lots

Incredible update

That's an amazing update with great quality photos. Nice to see so much happening. It's weird, I'm writing from a day spent touring around LA, which makes all those buildings look so - - vertical!

Re: Incredible update

Hudson. It should be mandatory for every developer to see this building.

The base on Infinity looks great. Should work wonders for the railway lands.

ROCP looks a lot better now that the roof is coming together. It looks dignified. Too bad about the base.

Is it just me or do the bay windows on 1 St. Thomas totally not fit in?

Thanks for the update.

Regarding Element, I'm very excited to see this parking lot go, and it seems to be turning out okay for a Tridel project.

What is with the green paint doing on this building? I assume its just a dark colour for the fake windows to go on top of?

IMG_2019.jpg

Battery Park is nasty! Even worse than anything in Vancouver (i.e. St. Andrew's residence in Vancouver has a similar amount of spandrel glass, but at least it is light blue and doesn't contrast as much with the brick.

Those infill projects look great.

The glass on West One is nice!

I have a feeling insulation and maybe a stucco cladding will on the Element in those bare spots. Those walls are right at the property line and they are bare in anticipation of abutting buildings.

A great set of pictures; thank you for posting these!

Battery Park would look, not "great", but "not bad", if the red brick went up to the top of the building. Once again, a developer has cheaped out on the appearance of the building. In this neighbourhood especially, with so many older brick buildings nearby, it just cries out for red brick. What a shame!

RE: Element

It turned out great and I'm assuming the blank walls speak to Phase 2.... no?

There's even knock out panels (connections) on the north facade.

Does anyone know who owns the land to the west? Must be phase 2............ right?

Battery Park is stupendously craptastic! :) Cyan panels with red brick... what where they thinking? Were they on a mission to make people think that Port Royal Place and University Plaza aren't so bad? This doesn't bode well for those zippedy do Zip Condos.

Yup, the panel colour and brick give it an early 1960's elementary school palette - set in a vertical configuration.

at the very least they appear to be spandrel glass - although the colour could actually look better bleached which does happen to the metal spandrels

I like the blue glass and brick; it's the slabish massing of the building that turns me off.

one building that isnt talked about or photographed around here that is looking good is the marriot residences inn .very dark glass.

Back